the iphone on verizon
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: the iphone on verizon

  1. #1
    olga is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    58
    Liked
    0 times

    the iphone on verizon

    well i wonder if the iphone will be available on the verizon network???




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Rumors says yes sometime in 2011 is the last I heard

  3. #3
    AADC's Avatar
    AADC is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    well i wonder if the iphone will be available on the verizon network???
    As early as Second Quarter 2010.

    Brian Marshall of Broadpoint.AmTech quotes:
    "While AAPL started off with exclusive arrangements in 2007 with the original iPhone launch, the company has since migrated towards multiple carriers per region," the note said. "In our view, diverse carrier support is a key element to driving global penetration of the iPhone (from ~3% share today of the total handset market). Therefore, we believe the chances are high the iPhone will find its way onto the VZ network in 2H10." (AppleInsider)

    My personal speculation of a stakeholder in both Apple & Verizon, and a BB user:
    After rapidly making mince meat of Palm, and with RIM well within his sights, Jobs would be out of his mind to wait any longer than he needs to, to go after 85 million customers. Added to that, 40% of AT&T customers are iPhone users and 60% of them have vowed to switch back to VZW... that's ALL PRODUCT SALES for Apple.

    Sidenberg & McAdam are welcoming to the idea as well.

    This could only mean good things for BB diehards - more competition breeds better products from RIM. And with competition comes lower prices.
    An all out win for all of us, the consumers.

    -Bobby
    Last edited by AADC; 10-29-2009 at 07:57 PM.

  4. #4
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AADC View Post
    As early as Second Quarter 2010.

    Brian Marshall of Broadpoint.AmTech quotes:
    "While AAPL started off with exclusive arrangements in 2007 with the original iPhone launch, the company has since migrated towards multiple carriers per region," the note said. "In our view, diverse carrier support is a key element to driving global penetration of the iPhone (from ~3% share today of the total handset market). Therefore, we believe the chances are high the iPhone will find its way onto the VZ network in 2H10." (AppleInsider)

    My personal speculation of a stakeholder in both Apple & Verizon, and a BB user:
    After rapidly making mince meat of Palm, and with RIM well within his sights, Jobs would be out of his mind to wait any longer than he needs to, to go after 85 million customers. Added to that, 40% of AT&T customers are iPhone users and 60% of them have vowed to switch back to VZW... that's ALL PRODUCT SALES for Apple.

    Sidenberg & McAdam are welcoming to the idea as well.

    This could only mean good things for BB diehards - more competition breeds better products from RIM. And with competition comes lower prices.
    An all out win for all of us, the consumers.

    -Bobby
    This will be very interesting to see come to fruition. Looking forward to what next year holds.:cool2:

  5. #5
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Ha I forgot about this thread at:

    Here is an article by AppleInsider that is a very interesting read if you are a Verizon customer. Stating that VZW customers may see this as early as the third quarter next year. Not sure on how I feel about the smaller screen size though??

    AppleInsider

  6. #6
    markdental's Avatar
    markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    0 times
    I saw that article too. Smaller screen would be terrible.

    I hope they don't do that.

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    I saw that article too. Smaller screen would be terrible.

    I hope they don't do that.
    Yeah my thoughts exactly! Don't understand that move at all

  8. #8
    newberry's Avatar
    newberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    greater seattle area
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    0 times
    the smaller screen size target more then the larger i would imgaine since not everyone wants a 4 inch screen on a phone
    Last edited by newberry; 11-07-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •