Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
Preferred Roaming List. It basically only matters if you are outside of a vzw area.. Like if you would go to an area that is alltel who vzw has a roaming agreement you will still get 1X instead of no service. You wont get 3G but its still there. If you are always in VZW 3G this probably wont affect you in the slightest.

Also anytime there is an outage or a network trouble ticket the "update" is pushed through the PRL. Example, the service goes out in Miami...VZW gets it running... 85% of the time your phone may automatically start picking up signal again...the other 15% requires a *228.(this is primarly for non-smart phones tho...so most of you will never have to do this.)