Updated PRL#! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 107

Thread: Updated PRL#!

  1. #21
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RFHavens View Post
    Yep, me too. Went from 51468 to 51540 on my Tour (VZW).
    +3....Thanks for the help!


    Driphter.com Co-Owner


  2. #22
    ddoolitt is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Add ddoolitt on Google+
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boston
    PIN
    have one
    Device
    9850
    OS
    7.1.0.755
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    3 times

    Updating PRL FYI

    from VZW:

    Updating Preferred Roaming List(PRL)


    Verizon Wireless is constantly advancing its roaming technology to provide you with superior roaming capabilities. By updating your PRL every few weeks, you can be sure you have access to our enhancements. As a result you may experience:

    Longer battery life
    Fewer dropped or blocked calls
    Clear, crisp connections in more areas across the United States
    Ability to connect to the digital network in more parts of the country
    Instructions for updating your PRL:
    Power on your phone within any Verizon Wireless digital service area.
    Dial *228 and then press SEND (this call is airtime free).
    When prompted, press option 2 to update your phone's roaming capabilities
    (the update may take up to 2 minutes).
    Once completed, a confirmation message will appear to inform you that your phone has been re-programmed with the new PRL.

  3. #23
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    We are on a pushed PRL from Verizon because of the change-over. According to VZW it's a "hybrid" PRL. If we use *228 it will wipe out the push. Anyone know if this will kill my signal or have they made changes so it will now work better?

  4. #24
    yourfriendwayned's Avatar
    yourfriendwayned is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow yourfriendwayned On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    396
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ddoolitt View Post
    from VZW:

    Updating Preferred Roaming List(PRL)


    Verizon Wireless is constantly advancing its roaming technology to provide you with superior roaming capabilities. By updating your PRL every few weeks, you can be sure you have access to our enhancements. As a result you may experience:

    Longer battery life
    Fewer dropped or blocked calls
    Clear, crisp connections in more areas across the United States
    Ability to connect to the digital network in more parts of the country
    Instructions for updating your PRL:
    Power on your phone within any Verizon Wireless digital service area.
    Dial *228 and then press SEND (this call is airtime free).
    When prompted, press option 2 to update your phone's roaming capabilities
    (the update may take up to 2 minutes).
    Once completed, a confirmation message will appear to inform you that your phone has been re-programmed with the new PRL.
    Thank you very much for the official how to...
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

  5. #25
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I am on my Tour right now and when I punch those numbers in, nothing shows up, strange.
    #4357* talk??

  6. #26
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    Disregard. My PRL# after dialing HELP shows:

    65036

  7. #27
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    We are on a pushed PRL from Verizon because of the change-over. According to VZW it's a "hybrid" PRL. If we use *228 it will wipe out the push. Anyone know if this will kill my signal or have they made changes so it will now work better?
    if you have a hybrid prl that was pushed DO NOT USE *228, you will lose the prl... wait until the merger is complete or you will lose 1XEV in areas you may have it now

  8. #28
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    if you have a hybrid prl that was pushed DO NOT USE *228, you will lose the prl... wait until the merger is complete or you will lose 1XEV in areas you may have it now
    Yeah I'm leaving it alone LOL...my PRL is 65036 so I'm not touching it...

  9. #29
    ddoolitt is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Add ddoolitt on Google+
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boston
    PIN
    have one
    Device
    9850
    OS
    7.1.0.755
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    3 times

    Updating PRL

    mine went from 51143 -> 51540

  10. #30
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    I believe the new prl is actually 51540, the one you got tipster make sure about it we had that last week and caused horrible network errors, would say you have signal but could not connect... and jl the #4357* talk is how you do it on most berrys i believe

  11. #31
    Tripster's Avatar
    Tripster is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SkyNet
    PIN
    G PONG BALLS!
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    99
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (8330)

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa
    I believe the new prl is actually 51540, the one you got tipster make sure about it we had that last week and caused horrible network errors, would say you have signal but could not connect... and jl the #4357* talk is how you do it on most berrys i believe
    I never have issues with the pushed PRL#'s with VZW.


    Thnx, •Tripster•

  12. #32
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    Disregard. My PRL# after dialing HELP shows:

    65036
    are you part of an alltel merger area? that is a hybrid prl and I would not do any *228's til after merger is complete

  13. #33
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    Wirelessly posted (8330)



    I never have issues with the pushed PRL#'s with VZW.


    Thnx, •Tripster•
    thats cool was just telling you that last week that prl got pushed out of a new tower to phones in a specific area, and would show you had great service but texts took hours to go through, if you tried to call out your service would dissapear and then if you got a call would go straight to VM

  14. #34
    Tripster's Avatar
    Tripster is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SkyNet
    PIN
    G PONG BALLS!
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    99
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (8330)

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    Wirelessly posted (8330)



    I never have issues with the pushed PRL#'s with VZW.


    Thnx, •Tripster•
    thats cool was just telling you that last week that prl got pushed out of a new tower to phones in a specific area, and would show you had great service but texts took hours to go through, if you tried to call out your service would dissapear and then if you got a call would go straight to VM
    Alright, thnx for the heads up though. If I receive any issues I will notify VZW Tech Support asap.


    Thnx, •Tripster•

  15. #35
    MJKneuro's Avatar
    MJKneuro is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Va.
    Device
    9530/ HTC Incredible
    OS
    5.0.0.591
    Posts
    112
    Liked
    0 times

    PRL reverted

    Last night after reading this I checked my PRL and it was listed as 0. I dialed *228 and then 2 and after rechecking the PRL it was 51540
    This morning I rebooted my storm and now I see it again lists the PRL as 0. Now I try *228, 2 and again it is listed as 51540
    Is this going to happen each time I reboot? I wonder how this affects me????
    Storm 9530 running 5.0.0.191

  16. #36
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    #4357* talk??
    Thanks J that worked great.

    PRL 51540 on my Tour after the update.

  17. #37
    blackngray70's Avatar
    blackngray70 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow blackngray70 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJKneuro View Post
    Last night after reading this I checked my PRL and it was listed as 0. I dialed *228 and then 2 and after rechecking the PRL it was 51540
    This morning I rebooted my storm and now I see it again lists the PRL as 0. Now I try *228, 2 and again it is listed as 51540
    Is this going to happen each time I reboot? I wonder how this affects me????
    Storm 9530 running 5.0.0.191
    The same thing happens on my Tour running 5.0.0.191.

  18. #38
    loveintheclub is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    PIN
    215C325E
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.442
    Posts
    33
    Liked
    0 times
    anyone know how to add a prl manualy? the *228 doesnt work for me..

  19. #39
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loveintheclub View Post
    anyone know how to add a prl manualy? the *228 doesnt work for me..
    Are you with Verizon?

  20. #40
    loveintheclub is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    PIN
    215C325E
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.442
    Posts
    33
    Liked
    0 times
    no ...but even wheni type #4357* it shows 51141

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •