Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 30

  1. #9
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Why do you feel that CDMA is the way to go?
    First i may happen to work for the largest CDMA carrier in the us...cough cough , second the spotty coverage and long term moves of gsm are not going to be as great as CDMA... in the end CDMA can benifit more people for less than GSM can. The biggest benifit for me is the towers dont get overloaded like gsm...when you have low signal on gsm its because the closest tower to you may be 'full' so you will connect to the next closest and avaible tower. with cdma it takes ALOT to 'fill' a tower, and typically the transitions between towers is smoother than gsm. I hope this helps.



  2. #10
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    First i may happen to work for the largest CDMA carrier in the us...cough cough , second the spotty coverage and long term moves of gsm are not going to be as great as CDMA... in the end CDMA can benifit more people for less than GSM can. The biggest benifit for me is the towers dont get overloaded like gsm...when you have low signal on gsm its because the closest tower to you may be 'full' so you will connect to the next closest and avaible tower. with cdma it takes ALOT to 'fill' a tower, and typically the transitions between towers is smoother than gsm. I hope this helps.
    Alrighty then, thanks

    So would you happen to know when the storm 2 is scheduled to release officially?

  3. #11
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Thread moved.



  4. #12
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Alrighty then, thanks

    So would you happen to know when the storm 2 is scheduled to release officially?
    not to be rude, but I dont and if I did i cant say certain things

  5. #13
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Thread moved.
    Thanks, I might get more replies in the Verizon section though

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    not to be rude, but I dont and if I did i cant say certain things
    Oh its ok. But if you do find out, and feel the need to leak information. Please pm me



  6. #14
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Thanks, I might get more replies in the Verizon section though



    Oh its ok. But if you do find out, and feel the need to leak information. Please pm me
    My bad that is where I mean to place it. Thread moved to Verizon forum

  7. #15
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    My bad that is where I mean to place it. Thread moved to Verizon forum
    OFF TOPIC...come on JL your making me dizzy here

  8. #16
    diverbelow is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    82
    I am not on TMO, but on AT&T and I can't wait until September 1st to switch to VZW. I am getting tired of the drop calls, slow EDGE network (which AT&T has said they are making EDGE slower so users will upgrade to 3G).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •