Ask ANY VZW related question, including Tethering (no OS ?s) - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 354

Thread: Ask ANY VZW related question, including Tethering (no OS ?s)

  1. #61
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Yes I saw that, is there an online way to see it, I'm in Canada right now and the #DATA is not working?


    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims


  2. #62
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Yes I saw that, is there an online way to see it, I'm in Canada right now and the #DATA is not working?
    yup log into your vzw.com acct. and down where there is the green bar that shows your mins of use...click the data tab and voila

  3. #63
    patches152's Avatar
    patches152 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    144
    Liked
    0 times
    the data connection ON the phone will be very hard to use that amount. but tethering, i can see how it could rack up rather quickly with certain types of usage.
    Ask Patches at...
    Facebook | Ask Patches

  4. #64
    patches152's Avatar
    patches152 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    144
    Liked
    0 times
    it'll be posted this afternoon.

    your question didn't make it this week, it'll be at the top of next week.
    Ask Patches at...
    Facebook | Ask Patches

  5. #65
    Crickee's Avatar
    Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Defiance, VA
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    Let me check!
    Posts
    275
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Thanks patches I didnt get on at all yesterday. First if you could give me the details on your plan I could tell you if VZW has something to offer. I cant tell you that with alot of the new phones coming, you will have to change at some point. And I belive that you sid's , host routing and all that need to be vzw's. That could be the problem. Let me know thanks
    My plan is 2 phones (1 bb storm, 1 plain flip phone) 10,000 mins./mo shared, $50.00 plus 44.99 for my bb plan (Alltel's best bb plan) $94.99 plus tax. I cannot see where vzw has anything to compete with this. This afternoon, a vzw tech left me a message that "since I changed to a storm, I would have to either 1. get a vzw plan or 2. reactivate the bb I had on Alltel, the storm will not work on Alltel" lmao, :duh: the bb I had on Alltel was the storm and it was working perfectly since I switched to it in March '09. So here is another tech giving me a different answer (I think this makes 4 different answers to date). I just want to know if a) am I getting the runaround because of the great plan I have? or b) what would possibly be different on vzw's bb plan that I don't have know. Also as to the sid's, host routing, I have asked if it should be vzw and the answer they have given is no. So thanks for any advice you can give! :hmmm:
    Crickee

  6. #66
    patches152's Avatar
    patches152 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    144
    Liked
    0 times
    it'll work on alltel, it's just not supported. they don't offer the phone. you'll have to do some hardcore haxxorzing. so technically they're right, to get the storm to work, you need the VZW plan so that they can provision the features, which in turn control the service books...

    of those minutes, how many do you actually use?
    Ask Patches at...
    Facebook | Ask Patches

  7. #67
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    My plan is 2 phones (1 bb storm, 1 plain flip phone) 10,000 mins./mo shared, $50.00 plus 44.99 for my bb plan (Alltel's best bb plan) $94.99 plus tax. I cannot see where vzw has anything to compete with this. This afternoon, a vzw tech left me a message that "since I changed to a storm, I would have to either 1. get a vzw plan or 2. reactivate the bb I had on Alltel, the storm will not work on Alltel" lmao, :duh: the bb I had on Alltel was the storm and it was working perfectly since I switched to it in March '09. So here is another tech giving me a different answer (I think this makes 4 different answers to date). I just want to know if a) am I getting the runaround because of the great plan I have? or b) what would possibly be different on vzw's bb plan that I don't have know. Also as to the sid's, host routing, I have asked if it should be vzw and the answer they have given is no. So thanks for any advice you can give! :hmmm:
    Quote Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    it'll work on alltel, it's just not supported. they don't offer the phone. you'll have to do some hardcore haxxorzing. so technically they're right, to get the storm to work, you need the VZW plan so that they can provision the features, which in turn control the service books...

    of those minutes, how many do you actually use?
    thats something I wanted to know as well... do you need that many minutes. and after some searching the biggest thing you could be seing is not having EVDO coverage from VZW. You may be getting it from alltel towers. Where I see this becoming a problem is as they are switching alltel to vzw towers, you will remain 'alltel' and not get '3g' or EVDO coverage. This is due to your host routing tables, and sid's. Additionally your 'dumb' phone is not going to have any actual verizon services until you make the switch(being that you are on an alltel plan).

    Now the biggest difference I think with you actually going to vzw is going to be 1X vs 1XEV, and network speed. There are probably area's now that you should have 1XEV and are stuck with 1X. So there is what I could find hope that helps Crickee... and thnx for the back up patch

  8. #68
    Crickee's Avatar
    Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Defiance, VA
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    Let me check!
    Posts
    275
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. I have been getting 1XEV or 1xev. I think I am going to see what happens, it has been working great since I got the new prl on Saturday. One of the tech's said the prl was probably the issue and two of the tech's said that its possible that the issues I had were combined with both the Alltel conversion and .148 being done on the same day. I saw on several of the forums that other people were having some of the same issues that I had and they were vzw customers. So we will see, I am probably most frustrated that I keep getting different answers from vzw, although I understand that while you can plan for issues during conversion, you never know exactly how things will go. Thanks again for all the support here on BBOS!!!!
    Crickee

  9. #69
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. I have been getting 1XEV or 1xev. I think I am going to see what happens, it has been working great since I got the new prl on Saturday. One of the tech's said the prl was probably the issue and two of the tech's said that its possible that the issues I had were combined with both the Alltel conversion and .148 being done on the same day. I saw on several of the forums that other people were having some of the same issues that I had and they were vzw customers. So we will see, I am probably most frustrated that I keep getting different answers from vzw, although I understand that while you can plan for issues during conversion, you never know exactly how things will go. Thanks again for all the support here on BBOS!!!!
    LOL no problem, I think the big reason you keep getting different answers are because not all the techs were trained on the merger the same...they really should transfer you to that 'dept'

  10. #70
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Jnepsa, does VZW have a land line dsl program? anything to compete with the AT&T $19.95 a month with a year or no commitment

  11. #71
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    Hey Jnepsa, does VZW have a land line dsl program? anything to compete with the AT&T $19.95 a month with a year or no commitment
    for internet? no.. that would be verizon land line we are actually two seperate companies... I think they might have something...but the only thing vzw has is aircards and they are more...

  12. #72
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    i have verizon dsl, you can get more info here... Verizon | High Speed Internet

  13. #73
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    i have verizon dsl, you can get more info here... Verizon | High Speed Internet
    hey quit hijacking my thread...lmao jk thnx laney :loser:

  14. #74
    patches152's Avatar
    patches152 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    144
    Liked
    0 times
    i greater than three helping strangers on teh interwebz
    Ask Patches at...
    Facebook | Ask Patches

  15. #75
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    i greater than three helping strangers on teh interwebz
    hmm, did you mean i less than three maybe. i greater than is >3 :biglaugh:

  16. #76
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Mods help I would like to report a hijackin! These people are stealin my thread and talking about uberuncool things! I was going to use the report button...but...and I have to whisper this. Some of them r mods!


    Hahahahaahahahaha.......:sucks::261:

  17. #77
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Mods help I would like to report a hijackin! These people are stealin my thread and talking about uberuncool things! I was going to use the report button...but...and I have to whisper this. Some of them r mods!


    Hahahahaahahahaha.......:sucks::261:
    I will take a look at it JN

  18. #78
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Mods help I would like to report a hijackin! These people are stealin my thread and talking about uberuncool things! I was going to use the report button...but...and I have to whisper this. Some of them r mods!


    Hahahahaahahahaha.......:sucks::261:
    My Bad jnepsa....I apologize. I'll make it up....Let's see .....what's the topic? Oh yeah...VZW questions....Let's see.....Our we going to get a MR3 for the Storm 9530...What's your thoughts...Thanks...

  19. #79
    blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    0 times
    I like this idea Jnespa put up. I will put myself at everyone disposal also. My credentials are I am a manager within Verizon Wireless company. Like Jnespa said I will not speak any info on releases or OS. Wages I wont discuss also.

  20. #80
    Paradio's Avatar
    Paradio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In Paradise
    PIN
    Available
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.591 w/latest h
    Posts
    210
    Liked
    0 times
    Using the Vzw Storm, is there a way to utilize the Sim Chip? Vzw told me its only for tracing the phone to establish ownership. blah blah. Can phone numbers be stored there in case I want to switch phones? Also I need a primer on tethering, but thats for another day!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •