Verizon Wireless customers will be able to join the LTE network in nine new cities, taking advantage of lightening-fast speeds on 4G devices. The expansion includes:
- Mobile and Montgomery (AL)
- Greater Fairfield and New Haven (CT)
- Gainesville, Pensacola, and Tallahassee (FL)
- Fayetteville-Lumberton (NC)
- Bryan-College Station and Temple-Killeen (TX)
There are also reports of access in Albany, though VZW has yet to confirm launching LTE in New York's capital city. The carrier has also expanded coverage in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, New Orleans, and Philadelphia.
This additions bring the list of LTE cities to 55, just over the 35 percent mark towards the carrier's goal of 147 cities by year's end. 4G PlayBooks are also expected to hit the market this summer. Soon we'll be enjoying 4G on our BlackBerry tablets!