Verizon Cancels the BlackBerry Storm (9570) Refresh?!
Remember the BlackBerry Storm2 refresh we told you about? You know the one with more memory, a better camera, and will run BlackBerry 6. Well it looks like Verizon has cancelled the BlackBerry Storm 9570. Why, you ask? Well apparently Verizon does not think that it can sell to many of them and that it is not much of an upgrade from the BlackBerry Storm2. We will have wait and see if the reports are true or not, but it does make sense.
What do you think? Does this open the door for other carriers to add the BlackBerry Storm to their line up if the reports are true?
What has me confused is what supposedly is the Storm3 (if there is one). Is the Storm3 the refreshed Storm2 or a completely new device? Other sites have claimed the refresh as the Storm3. Other sites have not. I'm thinking nobody knows for sure.
If the refresh IS the Storm3, then that would kind of suck! I was hoping to see a new Storm hit VZW soon. I probably could assume the price on the Storm2 is going to drop significantly, no matter what.
Due the positive press about the Playbook and new OS that would also be ported over to new RIM devices this may make sense. However given that speculation rules the airwaves these days with no clear word on anything Storm related......how long do we Storm (9550/0ther) supporters wait? How long are we expected to hang on....not a very good business plan for product and support unless it was to milk and get as much money as possible from us.
Sure would be nice to hear something concrete or solid regarding this product model for those of us who still want to see it survive or lead into 2011 and beyond as a solid phone for business and pleasure use.
For VZW, more models is not always better. How about models that provide functionality and meet the needs of your demographic? I don't remember ever receiving a call or inquiry as to what I as a VZW customer from their marketing would like to see. Don't hide behind the old basic line of "Our sales numbers show we must be doing something right" and listen to your customers or maybe ask them!!!!!
I am taking this rumor with a grain of salt. VZW is offering a BOGO offer for Storm2 devices right now... IMO it sounds like they are trying to deplete there stock for a specific reason. They are doing the samething with the Curve devices to make room for the Curve 3G.. I think we will see a Storm3 device. I don't believe the 9570 was suppose to be the Storm3, I think it was just suppose to be a device to hold everyone over till LTE was ready so they could release a LTE capable BB. Who really knows it's all speculation we will just have to sit back and see.