Verizon/Storm Anger!!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

Thread: Verizon/Storm Anger!!!

  1. #1
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times

    Verizon/Storm Anger!!!

    I called verizon last night cause my wifes storm doesnt click anymore. So they made me wipe it to reset it (cause thats going to fix a hardware issue). We received her 4TH!!!! Storm today and it doesnt click on the top/bot left?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!? How many Storms do I have to get her before they give us a good one? I am so close to getting rid of Verizon for good!


    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!


  2. #2
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    I called verizon last night cause my wifes storm doesnt click anymore. So they made me wipe it to reset it (cause thats going to fix a hardware issue). We received her 4TH!!!! Storm today and it doesnt click on the top/bot left?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!? How many Storms do I have to get her before they give us a good one? I am so close to getting rid of Verizon for good!
    4th was the magic number for me. My first 3 were made in Canada and the 4th was made in Mexico. Where were the 4 you've gotten from?
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  3. #3
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    4th was the magic number for me. My first 3 were made in Canada and the 4th was made in Mexico. Where were the 4 you've gotten from?
    my storm (1st and only was Canada) hes were all canada and this 4th one is mexico.
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  4. #4
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    I called verizon last night cause my wifes storm doesnt click anymore. So they made me wipe it to reset it (cause thats going to fix a hardware issue). We received her 4TH!!!! Storm today and it doesnt click on the top/bot left?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!? How many Storms do I have to get her before they give us a good one? I am so close to getting rid of Verizon for good!
    It its the 4th one Brian, I would call CS and demand a new (not refurbished) phone. From what I've read, they should have did this after the 3rd. give em hell.

  5. #5
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    oh i am going to! i dont get how my first storm is flawless and clicks like no other but all hers suck!
    Last edited by Shane; 05-01-2009 at 01:32 PM.
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  6. #6
    Justin Rampage's Avatar
    Justin Rampage is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Justin Rampage On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    194
    Liked
    4 times
    Hey buddy, Try this out. It seriously fixed my click problem. I recommend it 100%.

    Screen Click Problem Torx Fix


    I had the same problem, by the way. It has worked great ever since I did this.
    Last edited by Neolantis; 05-20-2009 at 07:22 PM.
    5.0.0.517/.612 Lyricidal Hybrid
    My Blog: RAMPAGED REALITY
    Rampage's Online Storm Wallpaper Collection:1,600+ Quality Storm Wallpapers - Unique and Badass
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Full Metal Foil | BlackBerry Pin: 30FF5FD9
    Like my work? Feeling generous? DONATE

  7. #7
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    nice ill have to try it...dont have the proper tool but oh well haha
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  8. #8
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    also they say if you upgrade to a leaked os or w/e it voids warranty. do i need to put my wifes old storm to .75 before we send it back?
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  9. #9
    EvanG is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    PIN
    305FE58F
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    also they say if you upgrade to a leaked os or w/e it voids warranty. do i need to put my wifes old storm to .75 before we send it back?
    absolutely... they will give you serious hell for that (as in charge you for the phone)... the 30 minutes it takes is well worth the $400 they will try to charge you!!!

  10. #10
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanG View Post
    absolutely... they will give you serious hell for that (as in charge you for the phone)... the 30 minutes it takes is well worth the $400 they will try to charge you!!!
    will do i am about to cancel verizon they are so bad both my phones are broke right now. i just got off the phone with cust service for like 45 min and still broke.
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  11. #11
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    will do i am about to cancel verizon they are so bad both my phones are broke right now. i just got off the phone with cust service for like 45 min and still broke.

    Brian, one way to fix a click problem is to take an index card cut it the width of the battery and fold both ends in. Put it in where the battery goes, and install the battery. you will be amazed (as I was) at how this somehow really loosens the corners of the screen. Believe me.

  12. #12
    EvanG is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    PIN
    305FE58F
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    Brian, one way to fix a click problem is to take an index card cut it the width of the battery and fold both ends in. Put it in where the battery goes, and install the battery. you will be amazed (as I was) at how this somehow really loosens the corners of the screen. Believe me.
    I have heard this as well.... never had to try it(thankfully)... but its definitely worth a shot before you shut the door on verizon

  13. #13
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    Brian, one way to fix a click problem is to take an index card cut it the width of the battery and fold both ends in. Put it in where the battery goes, and install the battery. you will be amazed (as I was) at how this somehow really loosens the corners of the screen. Believe me.
    worth a shot!!
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  14. #14
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanG View Post
    I have heard this as well.... never had to try it(thankfully)... but its definitely worth a shot before you shut the door on verizon
    It baffles my mind how well my screen clicks after I put that in front of the battery AND u dont have to worry about going to lowe's for a screw driver or taking off that red sticker and being accused of tampering with the phone and voiding the warranty

  15. #15
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    It baffles my mind how well my screen clicks after I put that in front of the battery AND u dont have to worry about going to lowe's for a screw driver or taking off that red sticker and being accused of tampering with the phone and voiding the warranty
    yeah im going to get a business card and try now
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  16. #16
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    yeah im going to get a business card and try now
    A business card at times can be a little thick, so if the door doesn't close properly, use an index card.

  17. #17
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    A business card at times can be a little thick, so if the door doesn't close properly, use an index card.
    it fit bat is nice and tight and the screen does click a little better in the corners. too bad our signal is all over the place and ive talked to verizon twice and they both said different things and made me do different things and still not acting like its suppose to.
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  18. #18
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Some say the torx screw fix works, some like the biz card trick others have put stickers over the SIM card. What's amazing is that we have to be creative in solving a problem that should have been perfected before being released to the public. VZW should be ashamed that they delivered a half ass product.

  19. #19
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    i USED to get 1XEV (3-4 bars in my house) now since i activated my wifes new storm i am getting 1X signal and at times it gets 1XEV. I have never had this problem until today. Both of our phones are getting crappy signal now. When i reactivated my wifes phone it got messed up and put the new #s to my phone number. Verizon fixed that and we reactivated them and now they get 1X and for maybe a few sec at a time i get 1XEV. Ahhhh i leave in a few days and this is just annoying me!!!!
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  20. #20
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    i USED to get 1XEV (3-4 bars in my house) now since i activated my wifes new storm i am getting 1X signal and at times it gets 1XEV. I have never had this problem until today. Both of our phones are getting crappy signal now. When i reactivated my wifes phone it got messed up and put the new #s to my phone number. Verizon fixed that and we reactivated them and now they get 1X and for maybe a few sec at a time i get 1XEV. Ahhhh i leave in a few days and this is just annoying me!!!!
    What OS are you on, or better yet, what radio code are you using?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •