Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 79

  1. #25
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    Amen brother. I am waiting for my 7th storm to arrive tomorrow, which I had to pay 19.95 for saturday shipping. One of my 2 storms had the most crazy thing happen to the screen yesterday, it was inverted and upside down and flickering all sorts of distorted colors, their suggestion at tech support... wipe the phone and do not load anything back on (ahh.... dip sh*t... not even my contacts or the 300 appts I have in my calendar). NOPE. Corrupt file. How is that even a suggestion??? As JL said, it is amazing that we have to put index cards behind the battery, download programs to simulate battery pulls, so memory is regained because of programs that are loaded on the phone to separate it from a regular bag phone... :irked:
    Amen sister, that is why sites like these have become so useful as the CS you get from VZW is like getting an answer from 2 year old cousin (at least my cousin is much cuter).



  2. #26
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    even though it has always worked fine? until i activated my wifes phone over my phone number?
    Yeah I would try. I had terrible time with 132 found the radio to be horrible and I 1000 ft from a VZW tower. 141 was good until the volume bagged out on me. So in my opinion 113 or 109 are the best. I would give it a shot. What's the worse that can happen you have to wipe and reload lol

  3. #27
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yeah I would try. I had terrible time with 132 found the radio to be horrible and I 1000 ft from a VZW tower. 141 was good until the volume bagged out on me. So in my opinion 113 or 109 are the best. I would give it a shot. What's the worse that can happen you have to wipe and reload lol
    lol why the hell not...be back in a few.



  4. #28
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    lol why the hell not...be back in a few.
    That's the spirit. Wipe number 150 coming up lol

  5. #29
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Martin030908 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.141/5.0.0.90
    Posts
    58
    I just actually bought a TORX screwdriver set to fix what has developed into a click issue with my screen. Got my phone in January and 2 days ago it started squeaking when I clicked and the bottom right corner was funny.... loosened the screws and bammo a fix.

    You guys are right... ridiculous we have to fix issues like screen clicks ourselves... shoulda been taken care of at the factory.



  6. #30
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    I just actually bought a TORX screwdriver set to fix what has developed into a click issue with my screen. Got my phone in January and 2 days ago it started squeaking when I clicked and the bottom right corner was funny.... loosened the screws and bammo a fix.

    You guys are right... ridiculous we have to fix issues like screen clicks ourselves... shoulda been taken care of at the factory.
    Squeaking is not a good sign. Torx screw may have fixed it temporarily but if I were you I would get it replaced with VZW. Call them up and they will send you another one overnight.

  7. #31
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Well if your on the 4th one they have to send you a new one or a different make or model, I had this done with my older phone :-)

  8. #32
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Martin030908 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.141/5.0.0.90
    Posts
    58
    Jlevy.... wouldn't I have to bring the phone into a store to demonstrate it squeaks?

    Also... if I get a new Storm would my loader backups restore my device settings from my previous phone?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •