It's always satisfying to see a new service announced and then quickly launched not long after. Especially when we're talking about Verizon. This month it a rumor broke out that Verizon would be launching a Push-To-Talk service. Sure enough, today Verizon has launched their PTT service.
- Make quick exchanges. Push one button to contact team members or clients.
- Place group calls. Hold conversations with as many as 50 total participants.
- Check team member status with Presence. See who is available for a Push to Talk call.
- Manage contacts for the entire company online. Add, delete and assign contacts, create groups and more.
- Use one number, one device. Make and receive voice calls without needing a second device or phone number.
- Enjoy coast-to-coast coverage. Connect on our nationwide broadband network, and get expanded coverage across the United States within the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area.
Granted, there are a few catches. The first of course is Verizon wants $5 a month for the service. Another being not all devices support the new PTT service. Sadly, all the hype has come to nothing. As far as we can tell, right now PTT is not supported on any current BlackBerry device. Hopefully, this will change soon. With that said, this offers business customers another solid line of communication.