Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 13

  1. #1
    Marsh511 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.00.328
    Posts
    20

    Why is Verizon so slow to bless OS upgrades?

    Anyone know why VZW lags behind all other carriers in supporting OS upgrades? My wife and I have 9530's, and we're still on 5.00.328 while the rest of the world has moved ahead to .419 or even .436...or has Verizon just abandoned trying to improve their Storm 1 user's experience???
    Posted via mobile device



  2. #2
    happystormuser is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hawaii
    Device
    storm 1
    Posts
    52
    There's a really good article in one of the forums about how the leaks are not meant for consumers to use and that they are in testing. But what happens is that beta testers leak the OS and people who download them often find those OS's missing something simple that it should normally have. I'm not sure were the article is but if you can find it its a good read.
    Posted via mobile device

  3. #3
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsh511 View Post
    Anyone know why VZW lags behind all other carriers in supporting OS upgrades? My wife and I have 9530's, and we're still on 5.00.328 while the rest of the world has moved ahead to .419 or even .436...or has Verizon just abandoned trying to improve their Storm 1 user's experience???
    Posted via mobile device
    Well, at least you are already on OS 5 - although much faster in some countries we here have a Vodafone being extremely slow - officially I am still at OS 4.7 ... :crazy:



  4. #4
    Mustang02's Avatar
    Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by happystormuser View Post
    There's a really good article in one of the forums about how the leaks are not meant for consumers to use and that they are in testing. But what happens is that beta testers leak the OS and people who download them often find those OS's missing something simple that it should normally have. I'm not sure were the article is but if you can find it its a good read.
    Posted via mobile device
    And that has what to do with the question of VZW sending out Official OS updates?

  5. #5
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    And that has what to do with the question of VZW sending out Official OS updates?
    Not too much, really, but it is a good read anyhow



  6. #6
    decoy72 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow decoy72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Delta, BC
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsh511 View Post
    Anyone know why VZW lags behind all other carriers in supporting OS upgrades? My wife and I have 9530's, and we're still on 5.00.328 while the rest of the world has moved ahead to .419 or even .436...or has Verizon just abandoned trying to improve their Storm 1 user's experience???
    Posted via mobile device
    You should consider yourself lucky. Telus (Canada) is still on 4.7.122!! EVERY other Canadian provider is at .419 or .436 but not Telus. They make Verizon look like good. Telus, by far, offers the worst customer service/support.

  7. #7
    handsomechap's Avatar
    handsomechap is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    56
    Probably because they want you to upgrade to S2. I got tired of waiting and installed .419. (No regrets. Works great.)

  8. #8
    Bugly's Avatar
    Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hilltop, TACO-ma, Wash.
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Posts
    353
    Could also be that they want to make sure the OS works well enough not to have millions of tech support requests.
    Since many of the leaks and such have had issues, I'm sure they want to get those things straightened out before a major release.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •