Invalid manifest or application descriptor
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Invalid manifest or application descriptor

  1. #1
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times

    Invalid manifest or application descriptor

    I created an OTA and was testing the link but I keep get the below message when i click the link on my BB.

    Error: invalid manifest or application descriptor

    But the link works fine on my pc. Can anyone help?

    I did what I always do, exported the JAD, zipped the files, loaded the .htaccess file... STUMPED!:aargh4:




  2. #2
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zlee67 View Post
    I created an OTA and was testing the link but I keep get the below message when i click the link on my BB.

    Error: invalid manifest or application descriptor

    But the link works fine on my pc. Can anyone help?

    I did what I always do, exported the JAD, zipped the files, loaded the .htaccess file... STUMPED!:aargh4:

    I am unsure how you have your server set up but, you should only upload the .htaccess file once...I upload the jad and cod files without zipping them but that is on my hosting service.

    Who are you hosting through.

  3. #3
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    i am using http://www.freezoka.com, my OTAs were working fine until now.

  4. #4
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    what do you use to upload your themes?

  5. #5
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    been just using the host's upload program via the web.

  6. #6
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    This is the message that I keep getting.

    Invalid manifest or application descriptor-blackberry_pictures_ql_09817101617.jpg

  7. #7
    AHaz86 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lockport Ny
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    74
    Liked
    0 times
    its ok i fixed it lol, no you had nothing wrong maybe something with the server u were hosting on

  8. #8
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AHaz86 View Post
    its ok i fixed it lol, no you had nothing wrong maybe something with the server u were hosting on
    Z,

    You don't need to upload the .htaccess file each time doing so may cause download errors. once its there just upload .jad and .cod files to the directory it resides in.

  9. #9
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Z,

    You don't need to upload the .htaccess file each time doing so may cause download errors. once its there just upload .jad and .cod files to the directory it resides in.
    I created a new folder and uploaded the files. I thought every folder with the jad/cod files needed the .htaccess to create the OTA.

  10. #10
    AHaz86 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lockport Ny
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    74
    Liked
    0 times
    i never had to make an .htaccess file at all but i guess it may depend on your host

  11. #11
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zlee67 View Post
    I created a new folder and uploaded the files. I thought every folder with the jad/cod files needed the .htaccess to create the OTA.
    It depends, if you put the folder in the parent folder or top folder then all sub-folders will have the same access rights...

  12. #12
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    It depends, if you put the folder in the parent folder or top folder then all sub-folders will have the same access rights...
    I think I tried it without the .htaccess file and i got the same message. but the other themes on the server worked fine. just the one theme last night!

  13. #13
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    i am having the same problem again, anyone else have this type of error message when you try to access the .jad file?

  14. #14
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    anyone every experience this? or is just me?

  15. #15
    sunkast Guest
    Not that I know of, sorry. Only thing I can think of is to double check everything.

  16. #16
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zlee67 View Post
    i am having the same problem again, anyone else have this type of error message when you try to access the .jad file?
    See if this link helps any

    The Infamous 907 Invalid JAR Error

  17. #17
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks everyone, but i think it is my server causing the issue. had someone else host the ota and seems to work. odd.

    any recommendations on a server to host otas?

  18. #18
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zlee67 View Post
    thanks everyone, but i think it is my server causing the issue. had someone else host the ota and seems to work. odd.

    any recommendations on a server to host otas?
    Sure do. Us. See the link below for info.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/n...a-hosting.html

  19. #19
    zlee67 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Sure do. Us. See the link below for info.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/n...a-hosting.html

    Sweet! Thanks for your help sunkast, appreciate it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •