Transparent Lock Screen Image? (Help!)
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Transparent Lock Screen Image? (Help!)

  1. #1
    aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times

    Transparent Lock Screen Image? (Help!)

    Hey everyone,

    I'm trying to find out how to make the lock screen transparent. I want the user-defined wallpaper from the main screen to show up still when the lock screen is activated... the same way it works in the default Precision Zen theme that ships with the BB Storm.

    Does anyone have any insight on this? I tried using a transparent image, but that just makes the lock screen completely white

    Any input would be awesome - I know it's possible since the default theme does it, I just can't figure it out myself!

    Thanks a lot




  2. #2
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    The lock screen background is theme defined. Whatever the builder puts as the lock screen remains. What theme are you using?
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  3. #3
    aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    The lock screen background is theme defined. Whatever the builder puts as the lock screen remains. What theme are you using?
    Thanks, Rellims. I am using my own theme creation, one of the flavors of my : elle : theme suite. (linked!) I am running a beta version of it that is not out to the public yet (only my testers and I are running it). I'm looking into using a transparent lock screen with the theme... and as you know, I haven't been successful with it yet.

    As the builder, I am hoping there is a way to select to use an svg in my lock screen, and then manually edit the svg code to display an image pointing to the same path that the wallpaper path points to. Not sure if this is possible at all, but I figured a person more experienced than I might be able to say.

    I've only heard negative responses so far, but I'm still keeping my mind open and trying to think of a workaround for this. The idea was inspired by the default BB Storm Precision Zen theme, and recommended to me by a user of my theme.

  4. #4
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Rellims is correct. But, if you let your
    Memory get real low and switch back and
    Forth between themes sometime you will end
    Up with different sections of the different
    Themes. Did that help? :lmao: I'm here for you!
    Plug me if that's good info. :chairfall:

  5. #5
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    The lock screen background is theme defined. Whatever the builder puts as the lock screen remains. What theme are you using?
    Most of the themes I have loaded right now stay with the custom wallpaper on the lock screen and about half stay with it on the app screen. Totally depends on the theme as you said.

  6. #6
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    The SVG theory sounds good but I don't think its possible with the plazmic we have. I also have not seen a thee with it either.

    BTW I'm rocking elle my self now, very nice concept and execution.
    Last edited by Rellims; 07-03-2009 at 06:42 PM.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  7. #7
    aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims
    Wirelessly posted

    The SVG theory sounds good but I don't think its possible with the plazmic we have. I also have not seen a thee with it either.

    BTW I'm rocking elle my self now, very nice concept and execution.
    Thanks Rellims and everyon else for the info.

    Maybe I'll just have to introduce a huge leak in my themes to get dynamic lock screen wallpapers

  8. #8
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Thanks Rellims and everyon else for the info.

    Maybe I'll just have to introduce a huge leak in my themes to get dynamic lock screen wallpapers
    Shouldn't be too hard using Plazmic! :cool2:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  9. #9
    aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard using Plazmic! :cool2:
    Haha so true. On my phone, all I saw was your response - so I thought you were saying it shouldn't be hard to make it transparent lol. Then I got here and saw what you had bolded - that changed the entire message haha.

    Well, if any of the theme gurus want to look into this it'd be sweet! I will mess with it once I get a chance but it'll likely be a while - I have a new feature in : elle : to implement in 6 versions (already functional in 1 version so only 5 left) plus some custom themes to pump on... and on top of that, work and school. Obviously, I'm prioritizing the last two appropriately (at the bottom of the list lol).

  10. #10
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    Haha so true. On my phone, all I saw was your response - so I thought you were saying it shouldn't be hard to make it transparent lol. Then I got here and saw what you had bolded - that changed the entire message haha.

    Well, if any of the theme gurus want to look into this it'd be sweet! I will mess with it once I get a chance but it'll likely be a while - I have a new feature in : elle : to implement in 6 versions (already functional in 1 version so only 5 left) plus some custom themes to pump on... and on top of that, work and school. Obviously, I'm prioritizing the last two appropriately (at the bottom of the list lol).
    Sorry, Aug. Didn't mean to get your hopes up. I'm 99.9% sure what you are asking isn't possible though. I could be wrong, I was once before.:18:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  11. #11
    aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz
    Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    Haha so true. On my phone, all I saw was your response - so I thought you were saying it shouldn't be hard to make it transparent lol. Then I got here and saw what you had bolded - that changed the entire message haha.

    Well, if any of the theme gurus want to look into this it'd be sweet! I will mess with it once I get a chance but it'll likely be a while - I have a new feature in : elle : to implement in 6 versions (already functional in 1 version so only 5 left) plus some custom themes to pump on... and on top of that, work and school. Obviously, I'm prioritizing the last two appropriately (at the bottom of the list lol).
    Sorry, Aug. Didn't mean to get your hopes up. I'm 99.9% sure what you are asking isn't possible though. I could be wrong, I was once before.:18:
    Pretty good track record you got!
    How the **** (insert you 4 letter word of choice) did RIM do it with Precision Zen?

  12. #12
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Pretty good track record you got!
    How the **** (insert you 4 letter word of choice) did RIM do it with Precision Zen?
    Probably the same reason that some blue carets and the keypad isn't skinable. :lmao:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  13. #13
    aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz
    Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Pretty good track record you got!
    How the **** (insert you 4 letter word of choice) did RIM do it with Precision Zen?
    Probably the same reason that some blue carets and the keypad isn't skinable. :lmao:
    Lol well I'm no theme developer guru but as a trained java developer I can't help but to think that skinning all of the above are possible IF you're able to figure out what's going on in the code...
    Unless all that code is ONLY viewable by us within the cods in whick case I would admit defeat. I have no hope of reverse engineerin the compilation sequence from java to .cod otherwise I'd be rich lol

  14. #14
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Lol well I'm no theme developer guru but as a trained java developer I can't help but to think that skinning all of the above are possible IF you're able to figure out what's going on in the code...
    Unless all that code is ONLY viewable by us within the cods in whick case I would admit defeat. I have no hope of reverse engineerin the compilation sequence from java to .cod otherwise I'd be rich lol
    I don't know anything java code. I would imagine that if it were possible, that 9 months after the release that someone would have figured that out by now. I will it were possible though. A red keyboard highlight would be freakin sweeeeeet!
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  15. #15
    aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    You're very right unfortunately. Its a good point you raise. Damn. I am at the end on my wits with this - I can't make anything redirect either.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •