Read Before Posting Themes
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Read Before Posting Themes

  1. #1
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times

    Read Before Posting Themes

    .Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines

    • Make sure to post your thread in the appropriate Forum

    • Make sure to title your thread with the device and title of your theme (ex. 95xx: BlackberryOS Theme)

    • Make sure you include in the post: device compatibility and OS compatibility (ex. 95xx BlackberryOS Theme OS 4.7)

    Your theme post MUST include screenshots

    o You can upload images using the 'manage attachments' button, host your own images on a photo sharing site, or use the photo album feature under My Control Panel

    o To post images using a photo sharing site, simply take the image code, click the square with the mountain/moon in the toolbar and paste your image code in the space provided

    o All images can't be greater than 800 x 600 px

    o If you are using Copyrighted images please give the correspondent credits

    o You are responsible of any issue resulting when using copyrighted images or icon sets

    Make sure to post your theme download files

    o When posting a zip/desktop download, you will need to ZIP (compress) the .alx AND .cod file and post the entire ZIP/RAR file by using the 'manage attachments' button or you can host the ZIP/RAR file on your own website or file sharing site like filefactory.com. When posting a theme that you have hosted outside of BlackberryOS, just copy/paste link inside the body of the post

    o When posting OTA/wireless download, you will need to post your .jad OTA link that is HOSTED on your own website where you store OTA theme files. If you do not have your own website and are in need of OTA hosting, please send a PM to me with the subject of OTA HOST, and I will send you directions on how to get the Download link

    o Linking to external theme website is allowed ONLY if the site does NOT require registration for the download and the site is a theme ONLY site

    o Make sure your files are Virus Free, if any of your files are reported as virus infected The Team Members will discuss the action to be tacked, you will be notified and your link will be immediately removed until the issue is fixed
    • You must be the maker of the theme you are posting

    • Preview threads are allowed, those threads will be open for two weeks and you need to provide the download links for the Beta testers, after two weeks the thread will be closed, if you need more time during the beta testing process please contact any of the Team Members via PM explaining the reason why you need more time, and how much time do you need, we will discuss and give you an answer.

    • If you would like to keep your theme preview as a PRIVATE BETA testing process you need to indicate it in the OP including the number of beta testers needed, above rule applied as well.

    • Donation/Buy Now buttons may be inserted into FIRST post of thread. Anything after the first post (OP) is considered spam
    If the above rules & guidelines are not met, your theme will be deleted from the forum and a PM will be sent to you regarding the rules violation.

    • Whether the theme is paid or free w/donation, is developer’s choice and no bashing will be allowed in regards to this matter.

    If the above rules & guidelines are not met, you will be notified to correct your post, if you fail to make the required adjustments then you theme may be deleted from the forum and a PM will be sent to you regarding the rules violation.

    Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Team Members in the form of a PM.

    Theme Developers please reply to this tread as aknowledged.


    Thankyou for your cooperation.



    BlackBerryOS Team.
    Last edited by Bryan; 05-27-2009 at 08:40 AM.




  2. #2
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Understood, as far as my current posts are there items I need to clean up? I'm pretty sure they're compliant except for the 95XX themes in the title. As far as I know I cant alter the title.

    Question, yesterday the theme threads were not showing as recently updated on the home page, will it remain that way?
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  3. #3
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Understood, as far as my current posts are there items I need to clean up? I'm pretty sure they're compliant except for the 95XX themes in the title. As far as I know I cant alter the title.

    Question, yesterday the theme threads were not showing as recently updated on the home page, will it remain that way?
    Hey Rellims I will add the 95xx in your titles for you, and as far as the home screen I can't see it so I don't know LOL.

  4. #4
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Hey Rellims I will add the 95xx in your titles for you, and as far as the home screen I can't see it so I don't know LOL.
    Thank you.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  5. #5
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (via Bold)

    Rellims I'll be taking care of the posted themes, correcting the issues thanks for replying, as for the Home page should be fixed, I'm the same situation of bmtenney.
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  6. #6
    fangs87 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.114
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    0 times
    got it .. for the rules need 95xx in the name and 4.7 os .. for mine or thats the plazmic i used other than that i think im missing screen shots or a snazzy preview .. but hence me being snazzy chalenged im trying its my 1st theme lol =( lol as for payments my hats off to yall for knowing how to set that up id have no idea so my junk is free untill otherwise noted =)

  7. #7
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    thank you fangs, I've sent you an email hope you got it.
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  8. #8
    Drukan's Avatar
    Drukan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    Liked
    0 times
    ok so im confused... you closed the preview themes thread because its not an INDIVIDUAL THEME thread ? But the reason for rellims thread was to be an ongoin kind of preview/ suggestions thing( to my understanding), not individual or specific to ONE theme. I personally think its easier to goto ONE thread then to have to keep tabs on multiple threads. But well im not running things ... hope that your new rules dont make things harder for the users.

  9. #9
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (via Bold)

    First off thanks for replying, as you can see Rellims' thread is open again the reason for the temporary close was to bring to every themer's attention that the SITE not any team member has new rules, since we are growing up fast, we need to keep things clean and organized, if you thing that the rules have something wrong just let us know and we can take suggestion to make changes if needed. The changes were made to make things easier for the members.

    Again thank you for taking the time to read the rules and for your comments.
    Last edited by Bryan; 05-28-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  10. #10
    cooltech59's Avatar
    cooltech59 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sunny SW Florida
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Posts
    112
    Liked
    0 times

    Theme hosting

    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    .Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines

    • Make sure to post your thread in the appropriate Forum

    • Make sure to title your thread with the device and title of your theme (ex. 95xx: BlackberryOS Theme)

    • Make sure you include in the post: device compatibility and OS compatibility (ex. 95xx BlackberryOS Theme OS 4.7)

    Your theme post MUST include screenshots

    o You can upload images using the 'manage attachments' button, host your own images on a photo sharing site, or use the photo album feature under My Control Panel

    o To post images using a photo sharing site, simply take the image code, click the square with the mountain/moon in the toolbar and paste your image code in the space provided

    o All images can't be greater than 800 x 600 px

    o If you are using Copyrighted images please give the correspondent credits

    o You are responsible of any issue resulting when using copyrighted images or icon sets

    Make sure to post your theme download files

    o When posting a zip/desktop download, you will need to ZIP (compress) the .alx AND .cod file and post the entire ZIP/RAR file by using the 'manage attachments' button or you can host the ZIP/RAR file on your own website or file sharing site like filefactory.com. When posting a theme that you have hosted outside of BlackberryOS, just copy/paste link inside the body of the post

    o When posting OTA/wireless download, you will need to post your .jad OTA link that is HOSTED on your own website where you store OTA theme files. If you do not have your own website and are in need of OTA hosting, please send a PM to me with the subject of OTA HOST, and I will send you directions on how to get the Download link

    o Linking to external theme website is allowed ONLY if the site does NOT require registration for the download and the site is a theme ONLY site

    o Make sure your files are Virus Free, if any of your files are reported as virus infected The Team Members will discuss the action to be tacked, you will be notified and your link will be immediately removed until the issue is fixed
    • You must be the maker of the theme you are posting

    • Preview threads are allowed, those threads will be open for two weeks and you need to provide the download links for the Beta testers, after two weeks the thread will be closed, if you need more time during the beta testing process please contact any of the Team Members via PM explaining the reason why you need more time, and how much time do you need, we will discuss and give you an answer.

    • If you would like to keep your theme preview as a PRIVATE BETA testing process you need to indicate it in the OP including the number of beta testers needed, above rule applied as well.

    • Donation/Buy Now buttons may be inserted into FIRST post of thread. Anything after the first post (OP) is considered spam
    If the above rules & guidelines are not met, your theme will be deleted from the forum and a PM will be sent to you regarding the rules violation.

    • Whether the theme is paid or free w/donation, is developer’s choice and no bashing will be allowed in regards to this matter.

    If the above rules & guidelines are not met, you will be notified to correct your post, if you fail to make the required adjustments then you theme may be deleted from the forum and a PM will be sent to you regarding the rules violation.

    Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Team Members in the form of a PM.

    Theme Developers please reply to this tread as aknowledged.


    Thankyou for your cooperation.



    BlackBerryOS Team.
    Bbcrackman-Hi I am new to bnlackberry's and I have started to make my own themes. I used to make my own themes and rom's (OS) on windows phones. I would like to post them here on BBOS but would like to have them as OTA downloads. Does BBOS do thjis?
    http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...techBanner.jpg
    Seek The Final Victorywned2:

    Remember If Someone Helps You Hit The "Thank You" Icon :buttkick:

  11. #11
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    This should answer your question.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/n...a-hosting.html

    I will be out this weekend but I can get them for you on Monday.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  12. #12
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Hi cooltech welcome to bbos you can contacts Natemz, he is the one on charge of the OTA hosting.

    Let me try to get here to help you.
    Posted via BlackBerry device

  13. #13
    kermitt4212's Avatar
    kermitt4212 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow kermitt4212 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    PIN
    3212AFA1
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    6.0.0.222
    Posts
    119
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree and understand.

  14. #14
    jhon corner is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes it is correct and decent information given. We should all follow these instructions to keep our forums readable.
    .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •