Not sure if you got this resolved. I am new to Tmobile
I had a problem similar to yours I would get an error when I tried to setup the email on the phone through the setup and then even through tmobile my.tmobile.com site.
What it turned out was that the PIN # on my phone was not released from the system from my old provider because I switched from Dobson/CellularOne over to ATT. So it was still tied to their network.
When I signed up with TMOBILE I had to give them my PIN# for the phone and the IMEI number and it became embedded in the account. So when I tried to start the email thing it got stuck. So when I called ATT ( they bought out Dobson/CellularOne ) they was able to go into the system and delete it out. Then I went back to the mytmobile.com site and logged in and went to set up the email thing and it popped up with my pin and wanted asked me to add email address and setup a TMO one. So that is what I think the problem is.
Originally Posted by mixoplex
Thanks again for reaching out with this...I had given up. I wanted to update the board on my progress. This is in fact the case. I've spoke to VzW about the issue, and this is the case. The issue is no one knows how to clear the email setup on my PIN. I was directed to BlackBerry Internet Service to "create an account", and that is when I found my PIN had an account already. I have sent an email to Tier 2 support with VzW, so hopefully they can assist me with deleting the account, or resetting it. So far, we have identified the issue. Just no one knows how to fix it as of yet.
More to come.
Now we know the SOURCE of the problem.
Cool. Too bad I did not see the thread sooner. Thats why when I saw you had the provblem I made sure to contact you since you been stuck. For me the rep had to check into some database thing where the records are kept and she stated that she just had to clear it out. It gotta me some simple thing you click off like a radio button or an check mark/uncheck mark thing.
Originally Posted by th1nm1nt
I is a keeping meh fingers crossed.
You are my hero!!! It is working!!! I got fed up dealing with VzW, so called T-Mobile directly. I explained my issues and they put me in conference with RIM directly. I explained the issue, and they told me they couldn't for legal reasons (meaning the owner of the email could sue if he was paying for it and they delete it). I then asked what they would need me to get from VzW since they, as a carrier, should know if the phone was being used on their network. He asked me to hold, verified that the unit was registered on T-Mobile's network, and whiped it out. I was instantly ready to use both the setup folder on the phone, as well as access it on the My T-Mobile website.
Originally Posted by mixoplex
This has taken two long days, but I got it completed. This was after two weeks of trouble shooting it with T-Mobile directly. Easy fix once we found the issue. I will pass on the information, and reply to anyone having a similiar issue. I didn't even think this could have been the cause, but it does make sense with how secure these devices are.
Thanks again for everything MixoPlex!!!
mixoplex, Thanks for you input, th1nm1nt, glad your up and running, anything else you need, we're just a post away.
After two days of searching, I have found the answer to my problems right here. I too am unable to access the email setup utility without getting a connection error after switching to T-Mobile. I had suspected that the pins were locked, now I just need to take the steps to have them moved to the new provider.
Thanks th1nm1nt for detailing your experience so that I now know what to expect/anticipate.
Tags for this Thread