Forum suggestions
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Forum suggestions

  1. #1
    Becca's Avatar
    Becca is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    PIN
    Just ask :)
    Device
    Verizon 9630 (Tour)
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times

    Forum suggestions

    I've been browsing the forum for quite some time now and I've gathered a few suggestions along the way. I'm already enjoying the community and people that I've encountered and thought I would put in my two-sense. Feel free to take it constructively or ignore it. I don't mind either way, but keep in mind that I did take the time to write all of this up and am only offering suggestions because I care...lol. By the way, I'm willing to offer any help in the graphics/design area if you are looking for any help.


    Forum Skins
    I've been a vBulletin user/admin on many forums for quite some time now (at one point I even owned one...) and while I realize that many users are browsing the site on their BB's, it would be really cool to see some new skins. I'm wondering why there aren't any forum skins to choose from?


    VIP Name Colors
    Another suggestion would be to have more VIP colors. I would love to purchase VIP but I'd like it even more if I could have a different color name. Or even be able to choose the hex of my name - that would be really sweet.


    Easier Navigation/Layout
    Compared to other forums, this one is a little difficult to navigate around. I think this is mainly due to the advertisements - especially because the adverts go along with the colors scheme visually. At first glance it's a bit difficult to tell the advertisements apart from the site/forum and it's not terribly graphically appealing. If you were to change the layout a bit, you could still have advertisements that aren't as obtrusive to the layout of the site/forums.


    BBOS Design/Color Scheme

    Nothing matches! Your logo is red and black yet the forums are blue and gray. You could make a really hot site/forum design that complimented your logo and looks really professional very easily. The logo is AMAZING and I love how you have this to go with it: Very cool! Why not create equally amazing icons to go along with it?



    With all that said, it looks like somebody or somebodIES worked extremely hard to get the forum looking how it does now and I must say that it does look very professional. For me it just doesn't have that "wow" factor that I think it has the potential of getting.
    Last edited by Becca; 10-08-2009 at 05:26 PM.




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Ohh I like you already 5 posts in and you have come up with some great ideas :fing02:

    These are very good points and something I will bring up to the owner of the site.

    Welcome to BlackberryOS

  3. #3
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Ohh I like you already 5 posts in and you have come up with some great ideas :fing02:

    These are very good points and something I will bring up to the owner of the site.

    Welcome to BlackberryOS
    There he goes again with his Random BBOS Colors haha

    OH and great ideas

  4. #4
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelessoptimist View Post
    By the way, I'm willing to offer any help in the graphics/design area if you are looking for any help.
    Our Community prides itself on this...Thanks for the offer.


    Forum Skins
    I've been a vBulletin user/admin on many forums for quite some time now (at one point I even owned one...) and while I realize that many users are browsing the site on their BB's, it would be really cool to see some new skins. I'm wondering why there aren't any forum skins to choose from?
    Excellent idea....


    VIP Name Colors
    Another suggestion would be to have more VIP colors. I would love to purchase VIP but I'd like it even more if I could have a different color name. Or even be able to choose the hex of my name - that would be really sweet.


    Easier Navigation/Layout
    Compared to other forums, this one is a little difficult to navigate around. I think this is mainly due to the advertisements - especially because the adverts go along with the colors scheme visually. At first glance it's a bit difficult to tell the advertisements apart from the site/forum and it's not terribly graphically appealing. If you were to change the layout a bit, you could still have advertisements that aren't as obtrusive to the layout of the site/forums.
    You should have seen what we had before :haha:
    We are a new and upcoming site and as the Community grows, so shall


    BBOS Design/Color Scheme

    Nothing matches! Your logo is red and black yet the forums are blue and gray. You could make a really hot site/forum design that complimented your logo and looks really professional very easily. The logo is AMAZING and I love how you have this to go with it: Very cool! Why not create equally amazing icons to go along with it?
    Again...You should have been here about 2 months ago. Envision this....BLACK


    With all that said, it looks like somebody or somebodIES worked extremely hard to get the forum looking how it does now and I must say that it does look very professional. For me it just doesn't have that "wow" factor that I think it has the potential of getting.
    Thanks. It is what drives us to raise the Bar daily.

    I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

  5. #5
    Vaffanculo403's Avatar
    Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    LOL it was confusing back in the begining

  6. #6
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    Lets not talk about how it looked in the beginning ha.

  7. #7
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    Lets not talk about how it looked in the beginning ha.
    LoL :aargh4:

  8. #8
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelessoptimist View Post
    I've been browsing the forum for quite some time now and I've gathered a few suggestions along the way. I'm already enjoying the community and people that I've encountered and thought I would put in my two-sense. Feel free to take it constructively or ignore it. I don't mind either way, but keep in mind that I did take the time to write all of this up and am only offering suggestions because I care...lol. By the way, I'm willing to offer any help in the graphics/design area if you are looking for any help.


    Forum Skins
    I've been a vBulletin user/admin on many forums for quite some time now (at one point I even owned one...) and while I realize that many users are browsing the site on their BB's, it would be really cool to see some new skins. I'm wondering why there aren't any forum skins to choose from?


    VIP Name Colors
    Another suggestion would be to have more VIP colors. I would love to purchase VIP but I'd like it even more if I could have a different color name. Or even be able to choose the hex of my name - that would be really sweet.


    Easier Navigation/Layout
    Compared to other forums, this one is a little difficult to navigate around. I think this is mainly due to the advertisements - especially because the adverts go along with the colors scheme visually. At first glance it's a bit difficult to tell the advertisements apart from the site/forum and it's not terribly graphically appealing. If you were to change the layout a bit, you could still have advertisements that aren't as obtrusive to the layout of the site/forums.


    BBOS Design/Color Scheme

    Nothing matches! Your logo is red and black yet the forums are blue and gray. You could make a really hot site/forum design that complimented your logo and looks really professional very easily. The logo is AMAZING and I love how you have this to go with it: Very cool! Why not create equally amazing icons to go along with it?



    With all that said, it looks like somebody or somebodIES worked extremely hard to get the forum looking how it does now and I must say that it does look very professional. For me it just doesn't have that "wow" factor that I think it has the potential of getting.
    Wow, those are some good suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time and the amount of thought that went into them. You have some good ideas. Thank you for sharing your insight into this.

    BBC

  9. #9
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Thanks for the input. I have several logo color variations that I've made. We switch every once and a while. I wasn't happy with the black one that we were using and have been wanting to make another. I just re did it. Thanks for pushing me to do it. I kept putting it off
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  10. #10
    Becca's Avatar
    Becca is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    PIN
    Just ask :)
    Device
    Verizon 9630 (Tour)
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Thanks for the input. I have several logo color variations that I've made. We switch every once and a while. I wasn't happy with the black one that we were using and have been wanting to make another. I just re did it. Thanks for pushing me to do it. I kept putting it off
    Hey - no problem! I really like the one that's up now actually. It's pretty fantastic! You have an awesome eye for graphics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    Lets not talk about how it looked in the beginning ha.
    Anyone have a screenshot? I'm soooo intrigued!

    Also, seriously you guys should get some more VIP colors. We need pink for us ladies! :P

    Hex: #FF0066 all the way!
    Last edited by Becca; 10-09-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •