When Research In Motion said they'd be introducing Super Apps this year at Mobile World Congress, they weren't kidding. Let me present to you BlackBerry Travel
. This application automatically searches your emails & LinkedIn profile for any upcoming trips that you have. It will help you book (within the app) flights, hotels, etc.
It's seem to currently only be compatible with US, Canada & UK but there is reports of the application being compatible in Spain.
BlackBerry Travel makes it easy for you to plan, book, manage and share your travel activities. Read below for a detailed list of supported features:
Email Itinerary Management
- The ability to view/create/edit current & future itinerary items including flight, hotel and car rental.
Notifications & Alerts
- Automatic trip scanning will recognize the itineraries emailed to you and add them to the BlackBerry Travel application.
- Receive push notifications and alerts for your itineraries, such as flight reminders, flight/gate/terminal changes, flight cancellations and delays.
- Search and book hotels based on your scheduled destination or future locations, ranked by location, price, and quality.
- Search flight schedules by city, airport, and date.
- Search for local POIs such as dining, shopping and nightlife with map views, click-to-call and click-for-reviews.
- Update your LinkedIn status with your new location, share trip details with your contacts or search for contacts traveling to the same location.
- Track flights, check the current weather or use the currency converter in preparation for your upcoming trip.