I'm a big fan of using public transit to get around the city, but I find that Google Maps will often not give me an accurate directions or tell me exactly where my stop is in relation to other stops.
In comes HopStop
, a navigation app that gives you door-to-door transit, walking, biking, taxi and hourly car rental directions in over 100 cities worldwide.
With HopStop’s navigation app you can:
- Get point-to-point directions from your current location with detailed maps
- Set your travel preferences – bus, subway, walking, taxi, include/exclude regional rail or vehicles operated by private companies
- Access addresses from your contact list
- Map a location and see nearby subway and bus stops
- Estimate travel time and cost for a taxi and call taxi companies with a tap
- Save recent searches and favorite trips in MyTrips
- Get biking directions in NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, and San Francisco
- Find out how many calories you burn on each route and how many carbon emissions you save compared to driving
- See wheelchair accessible and stroller friendly routes