When setting up the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, a BlackBerry ID is required to activate the tablet. This allows seamless access to a variety of BlackBerry products and services such as the BlackBerry App World storefront.
Once this account has been configured during the initial setup, all activities on the BlackBerry tablet will be authenticated to that BlackBerry ID. If another BlackBerry ID is entered after the initial setup, the following message will be displayed:
NOTE: Before performing a security wipe of the BlackBerry tablet, be advised of the following:
- A security wipe of the BlackBerry tablet will remove any downloaded applications and media (Including pictures/video taken on the BlackBerry tablet or transferred via a PC)
- To transfer media and documents saved on a BlackBerry PlayBook to a PC before a security wipe, see http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/p...tml#post220447.
- Applications purchased through BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry tablet will still be associated to the BlackBerry ID they were purchased from but will be removed from the BlackBerry tablet upon a security wipe.
- These purchased applications can be reinstalled through BlackBerry App World at a later time. Under the Uninstalled tab, tap the Reinstall button next to the application to reload
- Any configuration changes made to the BlackBerry tablet (Including Bluetooth pairing information, settings changes, etc.) will be reset to defaults after a security wipe is performed
- Depending on the amount of data stored and the capacity of the BlackBerry tablet (16 GB/32 GB/64 GB), the security wipe may take longer than expected. Ensure that the BlackBerry tablet is plugged into the power outlet to prevent power loss during the security wipe
- After a security wipe, Tetris and Need For Speed Undercover will be removed from the BlackBerry tablet. To reinstall these applications, complete the following:
- Open BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry tablet
- Tap into the Search field
- Type EA Tetris and tap Return on the keyboard (Type EA Undercover to locate Need For Speed Undercover)
- Tap the Tetris for PlayBook icon (Should indicate the price is FREE)
- Tap Download
To perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, complete the following:
1. Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner to open the Options menu:
3. Enter blackberry to confirm the security wipe, then tap Wipe Data
4. The BlackBerry PlayBook will then reset
5. Once the PlayBook restarts, the initial setup process will be presented. Complete these steps and enter the correct BlackBerry ID when prompted.