How to backup data on a BlackBerry PlayBook
When it comes to our personal information, it's irreplaceable. Don't take the risk of an accident happening that may wipe out all of those important files on your PlayBook. If you haven't backed up your tablet lately, we suggest you do so ASAP. I can't tell you how many times users come into our forum with stories of losing important files because they neglected to back up their device.
We are going to cover the necessary steps on how to backup information from a BlackBerry PlayBook via Desktop Manager Software. And you will have no excuse, as it is a simple process, and only takes a few minutes. For information on how to restore backed up data to a BlackBerry PlayBook, see http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/p...tml#post220382.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Back up.
- Do one of the following:
- To back up all your device data, click Full.
- To back up all your device data except for Media, click Quick.
- To select which types of device data to back up, click Custom. Select the check box next to the data you want to back up.
- Do any of the following:
- To change the default name for the backup file, in the File name field, type a new name.
- To encrypt your data, select the Encrypt backup file check box. Type a password.
- To save your settings so that you are not prompted to set these options again when you back up your device, select Don't ask for these settings again check box.
- Click Back up.