BlackBerry Bridge Fix/Workaround for connectivity issues
There seems to be a fix/workaround that fixes some of the various connectivity issues that some users have been having with the BlackBerry Bridge application.
Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.
Please try the following:
- Delete Bluetooth pairs on both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook
- Go to Options
- Go to Network and Connections
- Go to Bluetooth Connections
- Press the menu key and choose MAP Options
- Uncheck all options under Message Services
- Press the Back button and choose to Save
- Within the Bluetooth Connections screen, press the menu key
- Select Options
- Under Serial Port Profile, uncheck everything but Data Transfer
- Press the Back button and choose Save
After going through these steps, please restart both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook then attempt to use BlackBerry Bridge again.
Should you require further information on this subject, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for contacting us."
At first this appeared to be a complete fix however some users have reported that it opens up new problems. I tried it, and it worked with my Torch. If you cannot save your settings in the Bluetooth section, just exit without saving and the fix should still work.