With the many PlayBook OS updates (leaked or official) coming through the web recently, some of you have not been seeing these updates when you plug in your PlayBook & load Desktop Manager.
Well, thanks to Scott @ BBSync, we've finally found a workaround to force the update.
The steps are as follows:
Apparently this is also the way that RIM will be resolving bricked PlayBooks, as the filename that downloads actually has ".debrick" in it.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC
- Do full backup on your tablet (should take 10-15 minutes)
- Go to Device > Update
- You will get a message “No Update Available”
- Press OK & keep your PlayBook connected via USB
- Press the Power Off app then select Restart
- Once the PlayBook boots up, you will be prompted to do the update (update will take 30-40 minutes)