How to force BlackBerry PlayBook OS update
With the many PlayBook OS updates (leaked or official) coming through the web recently, some of you have not been seeing these updates when you plug in your PlayBook & load Desktop Manager.
Well, thanks to Scott @ BBSync, we've finally found a workaround to force the update.
The steps are as follows:
Apparently this is also the way that RIM will be resolving bricked PlayBooks, as the filename that downloads actually has ".debrick" in it.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC
- Do full backup on your tablet (should take 10-15 minutes)
- Go to Device > Update
- You will get a message “No Update Available”
- Press OK & keep your PlayBook connected via USB
- Press the Power Off app then select Restart
- Once the PlayBook boots up, you will be prompted to do the update (update will take 30-40 minutes)