Article: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Article: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1

  1. #1
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    495 times

    Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1

    Groovy Notes works just like your personal diary right on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™!

    Groovy Notes is a valuable tool for recording minutes of the meeting, managing notes, lists, audio recordings, plans, messages, agendas and other details on the go.

    It is your ticket to getting your life, be it personal, work or social, better organized.

    Groovy Notes leverages the ease of use of a diary by employing the capabilities of your BlackBerry Playbook such as the ability to record voice notes and touch gestures to navigate between views.


    I have taken several screen shots from my BlackBerry PlayBook to show you Groovy Notes numerous features, which are listed below, and wanted to show you this is my all time favorite PlayBook application to take notes while on the go.







    Article: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-2-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-3-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-4-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-5-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-6-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-7-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-8-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-9-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-10-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-11-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-12-.jpgArticle: Groovy Notes For BlackBerry PlayBook v1.2.1-groovy-notes-playbook-13-.jpg




    Groovy Notes Updates:

    Features added in V1.1.2:


    • Export, Backup and Synchronizing notes & recordings with DropBox. You can now export a selected or all notes as PDF, Text and MP3.
    • Create Backup of the Groovy Notes data using your DropBox account. Restore from the last Backup in case of a device failure or wipe out.


    Features added in V1.2.1:


    • View your notes in both Portrait and Landscape modes
    • Read-only and edit modes
    • Password Protection
    • Ability to record audio files of longer duration
    • Improved Calendar: Choose a date from the calendar to view notes for that date alone



    Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook is available from BlackBerry App World

    By: courtesy of XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd.
    Version:
    1.2.1
    Released:
    March 1, 2012

    Please let us know if you installed Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook, what you think of this application by posting below for other members to share information, and your opinions.


    Joe Jerde likes this.




  2. #2
    rafiki is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Device
    PB64, Bold 9900
    OS
    2.1 beta
    Carrier
    Vodafone ES
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    16 times
    I use it. It's very smooth. I contacted the developer to ask if they could facilitate capitalising the first letter of each sentence. They are looking at it.

  3. #3
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
    I use it. It's very smooth. I contacted the developer to ask if they could facilitate capitalising the first letter of each sentence. They are looking at it.
    When an application is developed for the BlackBerry PlayBook, they continually look for improvements, and of course, feedback from end users like us.

  4. #4
    Vecharo's Avatar
    Vecharo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Vecharo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    outside of Philly
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Posts
    80
    Liked
    16 times
    It has a great UI. I use NoteSmartly as it has a few more features but am keeping an eye out for GN to see when it adds additional functionality. With Notessmartlt I can attach pics, video, audio and draw along w/ the text all in the same note. Then pdf it to dropbox
    Follow me on Twitter: @vecharo

  5. #5
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,811
    Liked
    1501 times
    I've been meaning to give this app a go. I like the idea of compiling a audio journal.

  6. #6
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecharo View Post
    It has a great UI. I use NoteSmartly as it has a few more features but am keeping an eye out for GN to see when it adds additional functionality. With Notessmartlt I can attach pics, video, audio and draw along w/ the text all in the same note. Then pdf it to dropbox
    That's great that you found a PlayBook application utility that suits your needs.

    I have noticed that the app you mention above is also priced at US$4.99.

  7. #7
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    I've been meaning to give this app a go. I like the idea of compiling a audio journal.
    Yeah, I would definitely check it out Joe

    I have personally tested out many utilities which has some of the same features, and to be honest, Groovy Notes is one of my all time fave applications, for US$4.99, it's a steal.

  8. #8
    gypsyma is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Device
    playbook
    OS
    2
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Really love this app!!! My work day involves many meetings, conversations, observations and feedback to individuals and lots of travel so this is one of the tools that I am using constantly. Love that I can do back ups and sync with dropbox. The only concern I have is that recently the pop-up keyboard is very tempermental - often I cannot get it to open when I start a new note - toggling between read and edit mode and tapping where I want to type just don't work. I've tried shutting down the program and even shutting down playbook. So far I have eventually been able to get the keyboard back, but today the problem was worse. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm thinking I should do a back up and reinstall (and pray that the restore works). Any other suggestions? Also, I'm hoping that a photo link will be included in a future update, but for now I'll be happy to have the keyboard working!

  9. #9
    Vecharo's Avatar
    Vecharo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Vecharo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    outside of Philly
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Posts
    80
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyma View Post
    Really love this app!!! My work day involves many meetings, conversations, observations and feedback to individuals and lots of travel so this is one of the tools that I am using constantly. Love that I can do back ups and sync with dropbox. The only concern I have is that recently the pop-up keyboard is very tempermental - often I cannot get it to open when I start a new note - toggling between read and edit mode and tapping where I want to type just don't work. I've tried shutting down the program and even shutting down playbook. So far I have eventually been able to get the keyboard back, but today the problem was worse. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm thinking I should do a back up and reinstall (and pray that the restore works). Any other suggestions? Also, I'm hoping that a photo link will be included in a future update, but for now I'll be happy to have the keyboard working!
    Have you tried using remote control instead of the keyboard? I've been finding the keyboard a bit tempermental. I did a restart today and it worked. When it didn't I just used the bb to type. Even unlocking the pb was giving me grief.
    gypsyma likes this.

  10. #10
    gypsyma is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Device
    playbook
    OS
    2
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecharo View Post
    Have you tried using remote control instead of the keyboard? I've been finding the keyboard a bit tempermental. I did a restart today and it worked. When it didn't I just used the bb to type. Even unlocking the pb was giving me grief.
    Thanks Vecharo! Great suggestion and I'm sure that will work well when I am back in Canada. I spend a lot of time in different countries - currently in Brazil and using a local SIM card with my BB torch...not sure that this local provider supports bridging. I've read about the new keyboard/case that BB is releasing soon and I wonder if that would solve the problem...same idea as using the BB remote. I'm only having this problem with Groovey Notes, keyboard works fine in other apps.

    PS Today I tried turning my PB off for a short recharge break during the day and I found that I had no problems with the keyboard in Groovey Notes. After a quick nap it was ready to groove again!!! Maybe my workaholic hours were taking a toll on it!!!
    Last edited by gypsyma; 03-13-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: update information

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Voice Notes on my BlackBerry?
    By Lunars Edge Design in forum General BlackBerry Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
  2. Stief's Weekly Notes
    By Stiefler in forum BlackBerry News and Rumors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 02:38 PM
  3. Stief's Weekly Notes
    By Stiefler in forum BlackBerry News and Rumors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 01:39 PM
  4. Stief's Weekly Notes
    By Stiefler in forum BlackBerry News and Rumors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •