Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 89 to 96 of 359

  1. #89
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Van Osch View Post
    Thanks. I unzipped the folder but there is no bar file inside. the BBH tool looks rather complicated for the average person, so I guess I'll wait see if Skype ever becomes available on app world.
    You should not have to unzip anything. Also remember that the only thing that works on Skype is the text chat no video works at this time. I agree BBH tool is a little overwhelming for first time users. You will want to refer to our How To on sideloading an Android app found here: http://www.blackberryos.com/playbook...tml#post241444



  2. #90
    Nidogski is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Hi,

    I'm trying several of the listed apps but they load to a black splash screen with the Blackberry logo, then disappear quickly - is this an OS version issue on my playbook?

    Also, if you could get Forces of War, Kingdoms Live and World War converted that would be great...fantastic effort from you guys

    Thanks!

  3. #91
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidogski View Post
    Hi,

    I'm trying several of the listed apps but they load to a black splash screen with the Blackberry logo, then disappear quickly - is this an OS version issue on my playbook?

    Also, if you could get Forces of War, Kingdoms Live and World War converted that would be great...fantastic effort from you guys

    Thanks!
    What version of the PlayBook OS do you have? Also World War is already on the list.



  4. #92
    Nidogski is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Wow, super fast reply thanks!

    Playbook OS is 2.0.0.7971

    Have tried loading World War from the list using DDPBInstaller, but just get the blackberry black splash screen before being dumped back to the home screen

    Hopefulyl i don't have to wait until Dingleberry 4 comes out...

  5. #93
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidogski View Post
    Wow, super fast reply thanks!

    Playbook OS is 2.0.0.7971

    Have tried loading World War from the list using DDPBInstaller, but just get the blackberry black splash screen before being dumped back to the home screen

    Hopefulyl i don't have to wait until Dingleberry 4 comes out...
    Have you rebooted your PlayBook? That game should run fine.



  6. #94
    Nidogski is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Yeah, i restarted it afterwards but still nothing...all the home screen icons are there and look perfect, but tapping them just loads the black splash then crash..

    I've just read another thread suggesting that if you loaded the android player bar onto an OS 2.0 build then that kills it, so just security wiping to try them again...will post how i get on, and will try these app loads again...thanks

  7. #95
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidogski View Post
    Yeah, i restarted it afterwards but still nothing...all the home screen icons are there and look perfect, but tapping them just loads the black splash then crash..

    I've just read another thread suggesting that if you loaded the android player bar onto an OS 2.0 build then that kills it, so just security wiping to try them again...will post how i get on, and will try these app loads again...thanks
    So you tried to load a Android player on to the PlayBook? Remember this build has that player built in.

  8. #96
    Nidogski is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    I know that now!!

    It is one complaint, that the whole integration with Android is pretty damned invisible on the playbook itself...no android logos, nothing really obvious (that i've noticed) in the Appworld etc...they could have tried harder and made it all more open!

    I'll let you know how i get on, and keep me posted on Forces of War please

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. .bar files for blackberry playbook
    By kryptoBB in forum PlayBook Tips, FAQ, & How To
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 12:50 PM
  2. RIM Working On PlayBook OS 3.0?
    By ice2921 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 09:04 AM
  3. Games are coming to the PlayBook! Here's the list!
    By AgentBlackBerry in forum BlackBerry News and Rumors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 06:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •