Once again a new emulator has been ported to the BlackBerry PlayBook. This one is called Snes9x, and thanks to project leader A7omic and jtokarchuk we can now play Super Nintendo games on the PlayBook. The nice thing about this emulator is that it runs on PlayBook OS version 1.0 and does not require any fancy hacking. All that is needed is that you side-load it using your favorite side-loading application. So if your ready to get back into some retro gaming, just follow these steps:
- Download and install DDPB installer (PlayBook side-loader application)
- Download the .bar file
- Connect your PlayBook to your PC via USB
- Enable Development Mode
- Place your roms into the folder /accounts/1000/shared/misc/snes9x-pb/rom/
- Open the DDPB installer and scan for your PlayBook. Enter your password and add the previousl downloaded .bar file.
- Click on install
- Check for the Snes9x icon on you PlayBook
Now you are ready for hours of fun playing those old school games. Check out the video below of it in action.