Blaq is one of the best and most popular Twitter clients for the BlackBerry PlayBook right now. Our friends at Kisai Labs
have now released an update for Blaq. Blaq 1.5 is now available in App World with some great new features. Hit the jump for the entire changelog for Blaq.
- Refreshing new icon – Crisp lines, bold colors. Baselime has done it again.
- Native notifications – Native notifications provide an easy way of knowing when you need to get back to Blaq. It’s also configurable. More on that later.
- Real-time Indicator – To make it easy to understand if your tweets are updating in real time, we’ve added a convenient indicator.
- Read without interruption – Timelines (Home, Mentions and Direct Messages) now pause once you being scrolling so you have a chance to catch up without new tweets pushing you down.
View Tweets, Followers, Listed and Following
- Link Bar Code – now you can scan a bar code of a link in a tweet with two taps.
- Translate – Sometimes you just need to know what was said by another user in another language.
- Solid states for retweet and favorite – Now you’ll know for sure.
- Now you can tap on tweets, followers or following for any user. Just click a user’s name or search for it and tap on the tweet count, follower count or following count to check it out!
- Keep screen on – It is now possible to keep the screen on while reading tweets. Don’t forget to charge, though.
- Toggle all – Turn native notifications on or off with one tap or toggle the following:
- New Tweets
- New Mentions
- New Direct Messages
- New Followers – Yep, notification of new followers – right within Blaq
- Add a new account
- Set the current account (account switch)
- Delete account
- Font – Make Blaq yours. Customize your font to change things up a bit.
- Font Size – Default font too small? Make it bigger? It’s that simple.
- White screen encountered when device time is incorrect (DST workaround)
- User can only tweet 139 characters instead of 140
- Increase tweet count in lists (now at 75 tweets)
- WebView pops up when no link in tweet
- Convo view height not restored after pull down on tweet card
- Performance sluggish when scrolling timelines
- Times on display and in timelines are not updated
- Search results are cleared and public timeline shows. Previous results are kept and updated.
- Compose Tweet character count inaccurate
- Report and Block buttons sometimes not functional
- Friend picker shows below tweet card when composing a new tweet
- Direct Message icon showing as new for direct messages sent outside of application
- Tweet card pulls down for compose when scrolling convo list
- Keyboard disappears when selecting a friend from friend picker
- Timelines randomly scroll to the bottom
- Application does not reorient itself when device is upside down
- Conversation view takes a long time to load
- Minor internal issues