Hmm Windows 7?
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Hmm Windows 7?

  1. #1
    siber54 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow siber54 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    none the sidekick lx 09 haha
    OS
    hiptop 5.0
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times

    Hmm Windows 7?

    Another software release to soon just like vista was. I think they need to fix one OS then move on. But what is it's real name going to be????

    Longhorn=vista =(OMG CRAPPY)
    then this haha.

    Mojave, Spoof codename used for the Windows Vista "Mojave Experiment" marketing exercise

    Now win7 what a hybrid kernal hmmmmm.. and a nice new shell that my cpu is going to have to work over time for....

    sorry but 98se and xp are the only 2 os's stable.

    What do you guys think?

    Now I have not tested it yet I dont think I want to unless someone can convince me it is worth it.


    I like using

    Ubuntu with beryl

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iJjPuU-808

    windows7 vs Ubuntu 9

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3K9p...eature=related
    Last edited by siber54; 09-18-2009 at 02:57 AM.




  2. #2
    sunkast Guest
    XP is certainly easier on the hardware. And Win 7 Is definitely a big improvement over Vista. XP because it is so much older has a lot more vulnerabilities open currently which kind of stinks if you are forced with a Windows environment.

  3. #3
    siber54 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow siber54 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    none the sidekick lx 09 haha
    OS
    hiptop 5.0
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    good point.. But I don't think it is going to make it well.

    And windows vul. u can patch those, not to hard.

  4. #4
    cveklund is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    League City, TX
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBC
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    1 times
    I have been using win 7 since the first public beta and have to say it is def much better than vista. It also seems more stable than vista and xp. I don't notice it working the hardware, but i don't monitor it. It does look better too.

  5. #5
    jskolm85 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been running Win 7 from Beta through RC1 and now have the RTM installed on my Laptop. I have test installing this OS on many different platforms already and feel that it runs just as well if not better than XP even on older hardware. I have a Dual Core 2.2ghz Dell Latitude with integrated Video and it runs great. I have installed this on an older Dell D810, Single core Proc 1.7Ghz with 2GB Ram and the integrated intel video, and Aero turns on, and runs great on it. I feel like MS has done a great job at optmizing this OS as compared to Vista. Vista was awesome on the 'new' visuals for MS but it was a beast. Win 7 is much better IMO.

  6. #6
    apuntsel's Avatar
    apuntsel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jskolm85 View Post
    I have been running Win 7 from Beta through RC1 and now have the RTM installed on my Laptop. I have test installing this OS on many different platforms already and feel that it runs just as well if not better than XP even on older hardware. I have a Dual Core 2.2ghz Dell Latitude with integrated Video and it runs great. I have installed this on an older Dell D810, Single core Proc 1.7Ghz with 2GB Ram and the integrated intel video, and Aero turns on, and runs great on it. I feel like MS has done a great job at optmizing this OS as compared to Vista. Vista was awesome on the 'new' visuals for MS but it was a beast. Win 7 is much better IMO.
    +1 to that
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman

  7. #7
    siber54 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow siber54 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    none the sidekick lx 09 haha
    OS
    hiptop 5.0
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Hmm I might have to try then . Thanks for info guys.

    I am still keeping ubuntu tho hahaha.

  8. #8
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by siber54 View Post
    Another software release to soon just like vista was. I think they need to fix one OS then move on. But what is it's real name going to be????

    Longhorn=vista =(OMG CRAPPY)
    then this haha.

    Mojave, Spoof codename used for the Windows Vista "Mojave Experiment" marketing exercise

    Now win7 what a hybrid kernal hmmmmm.. and a nice new shell that my cpu is going to have to work over time for....

    sorry but 98se and xp are the only 2 os's stable.

    What do you guys think?

    Now I have not tested it yet I dont think I want to unless someone can convince me it is worth it.


    I like using

    Ubuntu with beryl

    YouTube - Ubuntu + Beryl

    windows7 vs Ubuntu 9

    YouTube - Boot Time - Ubuntu 9.04 vs Windows 7
    I just recently bought Vista 64bit through Amazon because I read that Windows 7 is a free upgrade. I am very happy with the way it handles on my system and look forward to October when 7 is released.
    I was a Vista hater for a long time sticking with XP. I'm glad I made the leap.
    Last edited by Neolantis; 09-18-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  9. #9
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I disagree completely I have been running windows 7 since beta went public and I love it. Honestly if you really feel your cpu is working overtime you need a new computer. My 1.6 GHz netbook runs it great, and it even increases battery life over XP. And the real name is windows 7.

  10. #10
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trunk View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I disagree completely I have been running windows 7 since beta went public and I love it. Honestly if you really feel your cpu is working overtime you need a new computer. My 1.6 GHz netbook runs it great, and it even increases battery life over XP. And the real name is windows 7.
    I agree that you definitely need to watch what your running for a system.
    recently took one piece at a time and revamped my whole system. I am much happier with it now
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  11. #11
    tavella81 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Bold 9700/ iPhone 3GS
    OS
    5.0.0.442 / 3.1.2
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I have also been using Windows 7 since beta one. I've installed RTM on my two laptops and two others. I installed W7 Pro on an old Dell Inspiron 6000 with a 1.6ghz Celeron processor and 1gb of ram running XP. It now runs at least three times faster than XP and runs Aero... I was shocked by that one. More stable and much faster than Vista. Running x64 on all pcs except old Dell.

  12. #12
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    While on the surface Windows 7 may APPEAR alot like Vista, under the hood many changes and optimizations have been made. Windows 7 is much more "lightweight" as far as demand on system resources, and is in fact capable of running well on lower end hardware than Vista. Basically, what it boils down to is this: if your PC runs XP well, it will run Windows 7 well.

    One of the hardware review sites did a test, they installed Win7 on a VMWare virtual machine allocated 1 processor and only 512MB of RAM. Their findings were that it performed better than an identical VM running XP.

    As a matter of fact, unlike Vista, Win7 is actually going to be RECOMMENDED for netbooks after it releases, and Microsoft is even considering a seperate SKU with the OS installer on a USB stick especially for netbooks (since they lack optical drives). Running Vista on a netbook, on the other hand, is generally an excercise in frustration.

  13. #13
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    While on the surface Windows 7 may APPEAR alot like Vista, under the hood many changes and optimizations have been made. Windows 7 is much more "lightweight" as far as demand on system resources, and is in fact capable of running well on lower end hardware than Vista. Basically, what it boils down to is this: if your PC runs XP well, it will run Windows 7 well.

    One of the hardware review sites did a test, they installed Win7 on a VMWare virtual machine allocated 1 processor and only 512MB of RAM. Their findings were that it performed better than an identical VM running XP.

    As a matter of fact, unlike Vista, Win7 is actually going to be RECOMMENDED for netbooks after it releases, and Microsoft is even considering a seperate SKU with the OS installer on a USB stick especially for netbooks (since they lack optical drives). Running Vista on a netbook, on the other hand, is generally an excercise in frustration.
    I wish Microsoft would be willing to sell Windows on a USB stick for all versions.

  14. #14
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I wish Microsoft would be willing to sell Windows on a USB stick for all versions.
    +1 for this. I wouldn't say that too far off.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  15. #15
    sunkast Guest
    Installing from a USB would be so much faster.

  16. #16
    apuntsel's Avatar
    apuntsel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Installing from a USB would be so much faster.
    When i installed the Windows 7 RTM on my machine, it only took 7 minutes for the install and the small amount of updates that it had at the time
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •