Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 16 of 16

Thread: Hmm Windows 7?

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Wirelessly posted

    I disagree completely I have been running windows 7 since beta went public and I love it. Honestly if you really feel your cpu is working overtime you need a new computer. My 1.6 GHz netbook runs it great, and it even increases battery life over XP. And the real name is windows 7.



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by trunk View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I disagree completely I have been running windows 7 since beta went public and I love it. Honestly if you really feel your cpu is working overtime you need a new computer. My 1.6 GHz netbook runs it great, and it even increases battery life over XP. And the real name is windows 7.
    I agree that you definitely need to watch what your running for a system.
    recently took one piece at a time and revamped my whole system. I am much happier with it now

  3. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Bold 9700/ iPhone 3GS
    OS
    5.0.0.442 / 3.1.2
    Posts
    50
    Wirelessly posted

    I have also been using Windows 7 since beta one. I've installed RTM on my two laptops and two others. I installed W7 Pro on an old Dell Inspiron 6000 with a 1.6ghz Celeron processor and 1gb of ram running XP. It now runs at least three times faster than XP and runs Aero... I was shocked by that one. More stable and much faster than Vista. Running x64 on all pcs except old Dell.



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    While on the surface Windows 7 may APPEAR alot like Vista, under the hood many changes and optimizations have been made. Windows 7 is much more "lightweight" as far as demand on system resources, and is in fact capable of running well on lower end hardware than Vista. Basically, what it boils down to is this: if your PC runs XP well, it will run Windows 7 well.

    One of the hardware review sites did a test, they installed Win7 on a VMWare virtual machine allocated 1 processor and only 512MB of RAM. Their findings were that it performed better than an identical VM running XP.

    As a matter of fact, unlike Vista, Win7 is actually going to be RECOMMENDED for netbooks after it releases, and Microsoft is even considering a seperate SKU with the OS installer on a USB stick especially for netbooks (since they lack optical drives). Running Vista on a netbook, on the other hand, is generally an excercise in frustration.

  5. #13
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    While on the surface Windows 7 may APPEAR alot like Vista, under the hood many changes and optimizations have been made. Windows 7 is much more "lightweight" as far as demand on system resources, and is in fact capable of running well on lower end hardware than Vista. Basically, what it boils down to is this: if your PC runs XP well, it will run Windows 7 well.

    One of the hardware review sites did a test, they installed Win7 on a VMWare virtual machine allocated 1 processor and only 512MB of RAM. Their findings were that it performed better than an identical VM running XP.

    As a matter of fact, unlike Vista, Win7 is actually going to be RECOMMENDED for netbooks after it releases, and Microsoft is even considering a seperate SKU with the OS installer on a USB stick especially for netbooks (since they lack optical drives). Running Vista on a netbook, on the other hand, is generally an excercise in frustration.
    I wish Microsoft would be willing to sell Windows on a USB stick for all versions.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I wish Microsoft would be willing to sell Windows on a USB stick for all versions.
    +1 for this. I wouldn't say that too far off.

  7. #15
    sunkast Guest
    Installing from a USB would be so much faster.

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Installing from a USB would be so much faster.
    When i installed the Windows 7 RTM on my machine, it only took 7 minutes for the install and the small amount of updates that it had at the time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •