Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 16

  1. #1
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901

    Cannot delete or reinstall the blackberry operating software from my pc

    I cannot delete or reinstall the Blackberry operating software on my PC.
    I'm running Windows 7 and when I try and delete or repair the software from my control panel, it tells me I don't have authorization to access the key code. The Desktop Manager shows in my control panel, but when I try and repair it, it says that the application doesn't exist.
    I don't know what I did, but now I can't load anymore operating system hybrids on my Storm 2.

    I have tried deleting the items in the registry, run CC Cleaner, cleared the Temp file and nothing seems to work.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.



  2. #2
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by gordtm View Post
    I cannot delete or reinstall the Blackberry operating software on my PC.
    I'm running Windows 7 and when I try and delete or repair the software from my control panel, it tells me I don't have authorization to access the key code. The Desktop Manager shows in my control panel, but when I try and repair it, it says that the application doesn't exist.
    I don't know what I did, but now I can't load anymore operating system hybrids on my Storm 2.

    I have tried deleting the items in the registry, run CC Cleaner, cleared the Temp file and nothing seems to work.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Not sure what you did with the pc but you can still load using the RIM loader application. You will find it following this path...

    Computer
    Local disk (c)
    Program files (x86)
    Common files
    Research in Motion
    AppLoader...and then click loader

    At least you will be able to load operating systems. Its the only method I use and find it better than dm.
    Posted via mobile device

  3. #3
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    Not sure what you did with the pc but you can still load using the RIM loader application. You will find it following this path...

    Computer
    Local disk (c)
    Program files (x86)
    Common files
    Research in Motion
    AppLoader...and then click loader

    At least you will be able to load operating systems. Its the only method I use and find it better than dm.
    Posted via mobile device
    This is only the case if the OS currently installed to your PC is the one you want to load to the phone. Also, having more than one OS installed is not recommended when loading to your BB.



  4. #4
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Gord's an expert at changing OS's and Hybrids...has had them all !! I know...

    His issue is,I believe... (and I don't know what the answer is), that he cannot delete the old OS off his computer to load the new one on. Am I right, Gordie?


  5. #5
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Is there a restore feature Gordie that you can take your PC back to a time when all was good?
    Not familiar with Windows7 yet is the only reason I'm asking.
    Posted via mobile device



  6. #6
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Is there a restore feature Gordie that you can take your PC back to a time when all was good?
    Not familiar with Windows7 yet is the only reason I'm asking.
    Posted via mobile device
    There is a restore feature in the control panel... I actually started having the same issue with vista and some of the newer os's but was not limited to my bb stuff. One of alex ekins hybrids did this also. I had to remove it like spam!
    Posted via mobile device

  7. #7
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    There is a restore feature in the control panel... I actually started having the same issue with vista and some of the newer os's but was not limited to my bb stuff. One of alex ekins hybrids did this also. I had to remove it like spam!
    Posted via mobile device
    So something about the OS downloads are causing his issue?
    Never saw that coming but I don't doubt you for a second.
    Posted via mobile device

  8. #8
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    I tried restoring and it didn't work.
    I have somehow managed to delete the old OS from my pc, but when I try and install. for example, 5.0.0.607 it stops half way and says it cannot access key code (bunch of numbers) and stops the installation.
    The same issue occurs if I try and install the DM. It stops part way and says installation was interrupted.

    I have been to all the forums, and deleted registry entries, nothing seems to work.

    Very frustrating.

    :chairshot:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •