Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 20

  1. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by apuntsel View Post
    If you could find the name would be helpful in trying to help resolve the issue.
    I remembered after my last post, all the viruses popped up after I got that stupid Antivirus 2009 popup, I tried to close it before it was too late-unfortunately-blackberrys can be bad for you-I was entranced on bbm messenger when I looked up to see it happening. I almost had this virus before but stopped it from infecting me then.
    Posted via mobile device



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Moved to PC questions

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NZ
    PIN
    25469CC5
    Device
    8110
    OS
    4.5.0.180
    Posts
    4



  4. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    I got my bro-in-law to fix my comp sorta, installed a new XP OS onto here, but I am wondering if it's possible: When I run chkdsk on this OS upon restart-will it check the entire hard drive for both systems and possibly fix whatever is ailing the original OS? Or am I doomed to start all over with this sumb***h. Pardon my newb questions, I'm not computer savvy at all really. I did install malwarebytes and it found a hefty 32 infected files-hopefully it actually removed them, thx in advance for your help.

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    262
    chkdsk will only check the hard drive for physical defects and attempt to fix them, it does not repair Windows issues or fix virus issues.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by apuntsel View Post
    chkdsk will only check the hard drive for physical defects and attempt to fix them, it does not repair Windows issues or fix virus issues.
    Well after removing any viruses with my mcafee, malwarebtyes and windows malicious software download-which didn't show any threats, I am still unable to get into my original OS-chkdsk is almost done-are there any ideas on why I am unable to get into it?
    Posted via mobile device

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782

    question

    Quote Originally Posted by jcorv58 View Post
    Well after removing any viruses with my mcafee, malwarebtyes and windows malicious software download-which didn't show any threats, I am still unable to get into my original OS-chkdsk is almost done-are there any ideas on why I am unable to get into it?
    Posted via mobile device
    you installed a new XP on the infected machine? If so the new XP will detect the old install and not allow you to get into it, since it thinks you are not the owner...mybe it would help if you would search for tools resetting your original account completely - provided that the virus hasn't changed/deleted too much of your 1st XP making it impossible to run it again...

  8. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    you installed a new XP on the infected machine? If so the new XP will detect the old install and not allow you to get into it, since it thinks you are not the owner...mybe it would help if you would search for tools resetting your original account completely - provided that the virus hasn't changed/deleted too much of your 1st XP making it impossible to run it again...
    Yes but as far as the 3 virus applications I ran-my system has no infection, I was unable to get into my original XP even when it was just the one installed on it, its not the new XP that's keeping from getting in. When I tried normal mode it booted up only to show my wallpaper and alt+ctrl+dlt did not work. When I tried safe mode or any other type of mode it gave me the blue screen with an error message and it said I had to run chkdsk and also do virus scans which is what I did using the newly installed XP after and those both came up clean. As far as I can tell most of my programs I can access and use and also I am able to get to my other files from the new XP. Other than that I am at a loss for what I can do, I have no boot up CD either.
    Posted via mobile device

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •