Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Boost CDMA PRL?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    PIN
    A COLADA
    Device
    Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.654
    Posts
    5

    Question Boost CDMA PRL?

    On my old Metro PCS BlackBerry, one of the few good things about the service was the ability to dial *228 and hit 2 to update my PRL over the phone.

    From what I've gathered by reading other forums and googling, this isn't done on Sprint/Boost. I have even read that you have to go to a Sprint store and get your account flagged for a PRL update!

    Isn't PRL updating a routine practice for CDMA phone owners, as normal as keeping the battery charged? Why would Sprint/Boost make it so difficult to update one's PRL?

    I have also checked Boost's site and there is no link there to update it. Is there some number I can dial to do it on my Berry?

    Thanks.

    Boost CDMA BlackBerry Curve 8330



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    On my old Metro PCS BlackBerry, one of the few good things about the service was the ability to dial *228 and hit 2 to update my PRL over the phone.

    From what I've gathered by reading other forums and googling, this isn't done on Sprint/Boost. I have even read that you have to go to a Sprint store and get your account flagged for a PRL update!

    Isn't PRL updating a routine practice for CDMA phone owners, as normal as keeping the battery charged? Why would Sprint/Boost make it so difficult to update one's PRL?

    I have also checked Boost's site and there is no link there to update it. Is there some number I can dial to do it on my Berry?

    Thanks.

    Boost CDMA BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Because Sprint likes to be a PITA to its customers.. the only way is to either go into the store or call CS and ask them to flag your account and then you can dial *2 to update

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    PIN
    A COLADA
    Device
    Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.654
    Posts
    5
    Ugh! That's what I was afraid of. Am I correct in assuming that this applies to Boost as well since they are an MVNO and subsidiary of Sprint?



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Ugh! That's what I was afraid of. Am I correct in assuming that this applies to Boost as well since they are an MVNO and subsidiary of Sprint?
    you would be correct

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    PIN
    A COLADA
    Device
    Curve 8530
    OS
    5.0.0.654
    Posts
    5
    Yay! That makes me so happy! :haha::haha:

    *does a happy dance while throwing darts at boost/sprint* :aargh4::aargh4:

    Thank you.:22:



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Ugh! That's what I was afraid of. Am I correct in assuming that this applies to Boost as well since they are an MVNO and subsidiary of Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Yay! That makes me so happy! :haha::haha:

    *does a happy dance while throwing darts at boost/sprint* :aargh4::aargh4:

    Thank you.:22:
    LOL sorry

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.