Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 24

  1. #9
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    I think they aren't mad at all. To me what would be upsetting is all of us not having internal tools instlled. With the info from that. They could get alot of valuable data. Then they could have a better chance finding issues before the inital release of a 5.0 os. Just think of all the free beta testing going on. I think its all don eintentionally. Leak it read the forums..give the updates and re read the forums. Then use the data in the lab!

    It is what Directv does already



  2. #10
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    How would that affect the social and IM apps?
    They were talking about this in another thread somewhere and were talking about how BIS 2.8 is compatible only with 5.0 device software.. thats where I was going with that.

  3. #11
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    I think they aren't mad at all. To me what would be upsetting is all of us not having internal tools instlled. With the info from that. They could get alot of valuable data. Then they could have a better chance finding issues before the inital release of a 5.0 os. Just think of all the free beta testing going on. I think its all don eintentionally. Leak it read the forums..give the updates and re read the forums. Then use the data in the lab!

    It is what Directv does already
    With every leak the comes out, it does cost RIM money. So really, it isnt free testing with that in mind, and believe me, I would test for them for free



  4. #12
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    They were talking about this in another thread somewhere and were talking about how BIS 2.8 is compatible only with 5.0 device software.. thats where I was going with that.
    Oh I understand jnespa. Sorry.

  5. #13
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Oh I understand jnespa. Sorry.
    No biggie.. was paying attention for once lol.. Just in my opinion it could be due to that... if BIS does roll out before the end of the year we will need a 5.0 os, but the problem with this is... what about the curves? and pearls and pearl flips? This is going to be a hard one to do.. will those devices still be compatible



  6. #14
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler View Post
    With every leak the comes out, it does cost RIM money. So really, it isnt free testing with that in mind, and believe me, I would test for them for free
    It would cost them alot more money if they weren't out. It costs Directv money too, but in the long run it save time and is great data. That being said I could be wrong. It's just my opinion.

  7. #15
    jerrygonguitar's Avatar
    jerrygonguitar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107
    Wirelessly posted

    I don't understand, how does it cost RIM money with the leaks?

  8. #16
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrygonguitar View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I don't understand, how does it cost RIM money with the leaks?
    one big way is the man hours spent trying to pull all the leaks, the other would be the fact that like when BBM 5.0 leaked their servers werent ready for that bandwidth... they had to spend money to make it work before they were ready.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •