Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 14

  1. #1
    mgawley's Avatar
    mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Posts
    128

    Have any Telus users figured out to get Google Maps to work on their Storms??

    I've been waiting patiently for an update from Google to see if Maps will work on my Storm on the Telus network. All other GPS enabled apps work except this one!! BAH!!!



  2. #2
    michaelwpg's Avatar
    michaelwpg is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    9530
    Posts
    22
    Try getting a GPS lock with BBMaps, then leave it running in the background. Open Google Maps, and let it find you. The GPS should work.

  3. #3
    mgawley's Avatar
    mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwpg View Post
    Try getting a GPS lock with BBMaps, then leave it running in the background. Open Google Maps, and let it find you. The GPS should work.
    Tried that one and it was a no go...



  4. #4
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by mgawley View Post
    Tried that one and it was a no go...
    Try switching to GMS, give it a few, see if you can get a lock.

  5. #5
    peterpandemonium is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323!
    Posts
    36
    Wirelessly posted

    Google maps GPS works for me on Telus now that I'm using 5.0.0.191. Since Telus has updated their service books this new OS works the same for me as everyone else.



  6. #6
    mgawley's Avatar
    mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Try switching to GMS, give it a few, see if you can get a lock.
    I get a lock when I do that, but then I lose the data capability for the map itself. And I wouldn't recieve any calls. Any other thoughts?

  7. #7
    mgawley's Avatar
    mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpandemonium View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Google maps GPS works for me on Telus now that I'm using 5.0.0.191. Since Telus has updated their service books this new OS works the same for me as everyone else.
    When did they update the books?? And do they work on .140??

  8. #8
    michaelwpg's Avatar
    michaelwpg is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    9530
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by mgawley View Post
    When did they update the books?? And do they work on .140??
    About a week ago. Should work on .140 as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •