Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 288 of 418

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by z28cueball View Post
    Hmmm... I see your point, but personally, I'd rather know that a beta OS might be close to leaking, even if it doesn't happen. We all know there are many beta builds floating around. We all know that some of them get leaked. We all know the risk the people take who leak them. I'm grateful for the leaks that do happen, and if there's decent chance that one might be about to be leaked, I'd like to know - one, for the excitement, and two, so I can keep my eyes open for it.

    Just my 2 cents worth. I'd hate to see people keep their mouths shut about something, on account of the possibility of it not happening.
    I dunno....I am fairly new to this whole "leaked OS" thing, but.......

    If I was a RIM higher up....I would make sure that these OS's got leaked...

    Think about it, we have how many people here WAITING to do a free Beta test for them! Then, we are all going to post our findings on this forum (and others), for RIM to read.

    I can't see there being enough internal beta testers at RIM to have the ability to properly beat up on these OS's. Where as here, we have a few hundred people, on several different networks, all running different apps, and expecting different things.

    That would provide some good data for future builds!

    Just my thought



  2. #282
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N.H.
    Device
    Bold 9650
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    I dunno....I am fairly new to this whole "leaked OS" thing, but.......

    If I was a RIM higher up....I would make sure that these OS's got leaked...

    Think about it, we have how many people here WAITING to do a free Beta test for them! Then, we are all going to post our findings on this forum (and others), for RIM to read.

    I can't see there being enough internal beta testers at RIM to have the ability to properly beat up on these OS's. Where as here, we have a few hundred people, on several different networks, all running different apps, and expecting different things.

    That would provide some good data for future builds!

    Just my thought
    I don't disagree with that. My comment was towards the comparison between this waiting room thread, and someone crying wolf. As things stand, we don't know when the next leak will be, but I don't think someone who has earned a reputation, hearing from a good source that a leak might be coming, and sharing that info with the rest of us, is the same as the boy who cried wolf.

    As far as your idea, I like it immensely and I agree that all of us out here would give RIM a LOT of feedback on everything imagineable. My guess would be that they don't do things that way, for the same reason they have the strict NDA's that keep people from leaking the betas - they're worried about internal, proprietary information falling into the wrong hands. (Maybe that's not the reason at all, just my guess).

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by z28cueball View Post
    I don't disagree with that. My comment was towards the comparison between this waiting room thread, and someone crying wolf. As things stand, we don't know when the next leak will be, but I don't think someone who has earned a reputation, hearing from a good source that a leak might be coming, and sharing that info with the rest of us, is the same as the boy who cried wolf.

    As far as your idea, I like it immensely and I agree that all of us out here would give RIM a LOT of feedback on everything imagineable. My guess would be that they don't do things that way, for the same reason they have the strict NDA's that keep people from leaking the betas - they're worried about internal, proprietary information falling into the wrong hands. (Maybe that's not the reason at all, just my guess).
    Yup, that's possible too.

    Here's my thought though....

    The fact that there are apps like BBSAK and jl_cmdr are out there for FREE (dontations) leads me to believe that RIM has a bit of a hand in this.

    I am sure that the leaks come from people that are leaking on behalf of RIM somewhere along the lines. There can't be that many people who would have access to this software, and it'd be my guess it would be pretty easy for them to trace back where the leak came from.

    In any event, RIM has a pretty captive audience here. We all own at least one BB, and probably will continue to do so for a very long time.

    The leaks are definitely a way of keeping us interested and buying new devices as they are released. Good for RIM, good for the carriers, good for us.



  4. #284
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N.H.
    Device
    Bold 9650
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    Here's my thought though....

    The fact that there are apps like BBSAK and jl_cmdr are out there for FREE (dontations) leads me to believe that RIM has a bit of a hand in this.

    I am sure that the leaks come from people that are leaking on behalf of RIM somewhere along the lines. There can't be that many people who would have access to this software, and it'd be my guess it would be pretty easy for them to trace back where the leak came from.
    Entirely possible... wish I was one of the ones behind the scenes :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    In any event, RIM has a pretty captive audience here. We all own at least one BB, and probably will continue to do so for a very long time.

    The leaks are definitely a way of keeping us interested and buying new devices as they are released. Good for RIM, good for the carriers, good for us.
    +1!

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Waiting for, and ultimately testing, new firmware is definitely one of the most addictive parts of being a Berry Head



  6. #286
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    I was just informed that there is no .208 build for the Tour.

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    I was just informed that there is no .208 build for the Tour.
    Dreams = crushed.

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    I was just informed that there is no .208 build for the Tour.
    Damn ninjas :irked: lol

Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •