So it is google maps and BB maps? You don't have by incident another GPS app on your berry? To me it sounds like either an OS issue (maybe worth trying another OS version) or a real hardware issue with your berry (hope not, sorry!)
It sounds like you already set Global GPS to enabled, but it might also be worth checking individual application permissions.
If you are still getting the error about en_GB not being installed, use loader (just like you did to install maps) to remove & reinstall the en_GB language pack. (I think this can also be done using shrinkOS..)
Beriti, No other GPS apps installed. Could an update cause a hardware issue? I know it worked fine minutes before I did the update.
Travis, I have been looking for where the permissions can be set. I thought pressing the Berry key would give me an edit permissions but all I get is Switch App and Close.
Edit: found where to set permissions. Set everything to allow. Still no gps lock. :no:
Last edited by Bake; 02-02-2010 at 04:32 PM.
I wouldn't expect a physical damage by the update, but why not a malfunction - well, you could further verify it by installing apps that are using GPS - e.g. Poynt, or Navigation, or to go back to your original OS, where everything was fine.
Originally Posted by Bake
How did you perform the update? Could you describe the process in a few words for me - maybe something went wrong there?!
I have a little progress to report. I loaded Garmin for Blackberry this morning. It gave me a good GPS location in seconds. At least I learned that my phone does indeed work.
Next I followed a GPS Fix writeup found on Crackberry. I now get a GPS location on BB Maps but there are issues. The problem now is when I do a "find location" it doesn't show my location correctly. It is off by anywhere from several hundred yards to several miles. Funny thing is that when I start GPS Navigation it pinpoints my location exactly. I have been trying to play around with the capabilities in QPST to get a good location from BB Maps but haven't had any luck with that. BB Maps never had this issue before. It was always dead on before.
Garmin comes up correct every time. Google is all over the place so I guess that is a write off.
On doing the update, I downloaded the leaked .419 OS from here. Also downloaded Driphter's DV4 from here. I installed the OS on my laptop. Next I deleted the vendor file, which was only 1K. From there I deleted the Java folder in Common Files and replaced it with the Java folder from Driphter. From there I attempet to load the OS on my phone. Each time I got that en-GB error mentioned before. I then replaced the original Java file and installed with Desktop Manager. The install went perfectly.
Thanks for your time and help.
Last edited by Bake; 02-03-2010 at 08:58 PM.
The en-GB error is not such a big issue, Driphter's hybrid has to be copied over the existing java folder, thereby replacing several cod files but also having them all around to sum up to a complete hybrid. So first 419 PC install and then hybrid copy over java...
Last edited by breiti; 02-04-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Well that explains why it wouldn't load for me. I may give a hybrid another try if I ever get my phone straight. I would really like to know why BB Maps will not give me a good location fix. I would go back to the original "official" Alltel version and start over but I don't have it and can't find anywhere to download it. Thanks again for your help.
Tags for this Thread