The future of BBOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: The future of BBOS

  1. #1
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I have seen recently a ton of talk about Droid and other devices here on BBOS. I like the info about other devices but for some reason it bothers me that many well respected members and even team members are openly saying I'm done with BB and I'm going else where. Personally I don't see myself moving away from a Berry at this point I'm just curious if my all time favorite BB site has intentions of changing over to a smart phone site or if it will always be BlackBerry focused?


    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims


  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    It will remain a BlackBerry site Rellims

    We are in the process of looking at Droid domains and will move things over there if that becomes a reality. But there is no denying that a lot of berry owners are ditching RIM and giving Android a shot. We created the Android forum on BBOS for a place of those members to turn to, and it keeps the BBOS family together.

  3. #3
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I have seen recently a ton of talk about Droid and other devices here on BBOS. I like the info about other devices but for some reason it bothers me that many well respected members and even team members are openly saying I'm done with BB and I'm going else where. Personally I don't see myself moving away from a Berry at this point I'm just curious if my all time favorite BB site has intentions of changing over to a smart phone site or if it will always be BlackBerry focused?
    No there is no intention of changing the site. We are and always will be a BlackBerry site. We may however create a new site for these other devices. We will always be BlackBerryOS.com your one stop shop for anything and everything BlackBerry.

  4. #4
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I understand. I guess it just saddens me see people I have spent a lot of time with so willing to move on. Maybe I'm too emotional but it feels like a bad breakup who knows what the future will bring I just felt like the old saying "all good things must come to an end" is playing out with RIM and BlackBerry in front of our eyes.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  5. #5
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Don't worry, not all of us are traitors *cough Bryan*:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  6. #6
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I understand. I guess it just saddens me see people I have spent a lot of time with so willing to move on. Maybe I'm too emotional but it feels like a bad breakup who knows what the future will bring I just felt like the old saying "all good things must come to an end" is playing out with RIM and BlackBerry in front of our eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Don't worry, not all of us are traitors *cough Bryan*:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
    HA it is not like I will forgot 7+ years of BlackBerry usage :lmao: I would step down and leave the team if I felt like I couldn't help members with BlackBerry questions.

  7. #7
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times

    Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I understand. I guess it just saddens me see people I have spent a lot of time with so willing to move on. Maybe I'm too emotional but it feels like a bad breakup who knows what the future will bring I just felt like the old saying "all good things must come to an end" is playing out with RIM and BlackBerry in front of our eyes.
    With sadness i have o agree that yes there is a lot of talk regarding other smartphones recently. Hopefully this shall pass away too. I have become member of BBOS not only because I get help from BBOS whenever i need or for that matter anyone needs help always gets it. There are other sites too but BBOS has a uniqueness in their team, their attitude towards fellow members. Eagerness to help. With new smartphones coming in market i think our loyalty to blackberry should not be reviewed. But basic intentions of launching BBOS should not be forgotten and that is all I am asking. So proudly I am showing off the colorwear I won in BBOS to everyone since yesterday. (Had got the kit llong back but had courage to and time to change the colors in last weekend.) Also planning to get it engrave BBOS on back cover.
    Lets hope that BBOS remains , of course down the line one can accommodate new tech savvy gadgets but BOTTOMLINE should remain

  8. #8
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm blackberry for life! and ah...Blackberryos Rawks!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  9. #9
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    Liked
    0 times
    Good people won't forget....I plan on still making themes, my girlfriend and mother will still have storms. I just don't wanna wait for BB to play catch up for the next year to reach the point these phones are at now. If your child was in school you wouldn't hold him back a year cause you like the teacher. Besides I'm one of the people who dove into a storm with no research. I wanted a large screen touchscreen phone and at the time was really the best thing Verizon was offering. I also don't need it at all for business....only fun. I have a gmail account so that's fine for push e-mail. I'm not complaining nor have I ever complained about my Storm, love it, best phone to date. I love this site...sooo I'll be around.....Trolling the Android forums...LOL!

    edit: BTW I'll still have my storm....just hopefull the HTC PASSION on a different line!
    Last edited by SoCalMiles; 11-03-2009 at 11:21 AM.
    Underground Themer :240:
    Try out my themes-->So Professional , Buuf-Berry , Zen Hybrid 5.0 , iBB SLIDEr

  10. #10
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I understand. I guess it just saddens me see people I have spent a lot of time with so willing to move on. Maybe I'm too emotional but it feels like a bad breakup who knows what the future will bring I just felt like the old saying "all good things must come to an end" is playing out with RIM and BlackBerry in front of our eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Don't worry, not all of us are traitors *cough Bryan*:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
    HA it is not like I will forgot 7+ years of BlackBerry usage :lmao: I would step down and leave the team if I felt like I couldn't help members with BlackBerry questions.
    ...plus you need to keep up to date for when you "dump da 'droid"...and come back to BB !!! :biglaugh:

  11. #11
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    ...plus you need to keep up to date for when you "dump da 'droid"...and come back to BB !!! :biglaugh:
    :haha: well played sir :hail::hail:

  12. #12
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm going to get an Android device but I am keeping my BlackBerry :1244:

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  13. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Don't worry Sean, BlackberryOS will always be a site dedicated to BB's first and foremost.

  14. #14
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    Even though there is a section for the Iphone and Android at the bottom of the forum, that does not mean we are going to turn into a "smartphone" website. We are and will always be a BlackBerry website. With the Android being such a big hit, which will die down about two weeks after it is launched, we may see some users coming back to the BB world from the Android. You never know. But the content will remain BB here. We need to provide a home for the EX BB users who are jumping ship for the Android.

  15. #15
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    Even though there is a section for the Iphone and Android at the bottom of the forum, that does not mean we are going to turn into a "smartphone" website. We are and will always be a BlackBerry website. With the Android being such a big hit, which will die down about two weeks after it is launched, we may see some users coming back to the BB world from the Android. You never know. But the content will remain BB here. We need to provide a home for the EX BB users who are jumping ship for the Android.
    :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

  16. #16
    fire_medicusa's Avatar
    fire_medicusa is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    305C7DBF
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Sounds like some people have the "grass is greener" mentality. I'm sure it will wear off for most but I would be lying if I didn't say I was at least slightly intrigued by the droid but I LOVE my storm!

  17. #17
    Bxrider117's Avatar
    Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Everyone is always attracted to the new girl in class and that is the droid. I love my S1. Like playing with her. I like updating her with the latest software and seeing how she responds. I'm not sure if I'm willing to learn the mechanisms of a bee phone but I will go to Verizon on November 6th and flirt with the Droid and she gets me excited I may have to sneak her home.

  18. #18
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I have seen recently a ton of talk about Droid and other devices here on BBOS. I like the info about other devices but for some reason it bothers me that many well respected members and even team members are openly saying I'm done with BB and I'm going else where. Personally I don't see myself moving away from a Berry at this point I'm just curious if my all time favorite BB site has intentions of changing over to a smart phone site or if it will always be BlackBerry focused?

    Well thats because most of these people only got a blackberry to say look i'm cool i have a blackberry. They want the newest phone so in their mind they will look cooler. I'm not trying to bash anyone who wants to make a switch i'm just saying for instance if this s2 came out with a slide out keyboard then none of them would be leaving for droid. The s2 looks too much like the s1 to keep them happy

  19. #19
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    Well thats because most of these people only got a blackberry to say look i'm cool i have a blackberry. They want the newest phone so in their mind they will look cooler. I'm not trying to bash anyone who wants to make a switch i'm just saying for instance if this s2 came out with a slide out keyboard then none of them would be leaving for droid. The s2 looks too much like the s1 to keep them happy
    i want to be cool and have a cool phone

    slide out keyboard is not an issue for me.i would prefer that the droid did not have a slide out keyboard. the UI is the selling point for me. i am just bored with BB....don't hate the deserters.:no:
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

  20. #20
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i want to be cool and have a cool phone

    slide out keyboard is not an issue for me.i would prefer that the droid did not have a slide out keyboard. the UI is the selling point for me. i am just bored with BB....don't hate the deserters.:no:
    I wasn't saying the slide out keyboard would be the selling point. I was just saying that it isn't enough of a difference to keep the trendy people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •