Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 11

  1. #1
    cooltech59's Avatar
    cooltech59 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sunny SW Florida
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Posts
    112
    Wirelessly posted

    I just received an e-mail this morning that stated that by the end of this month EVERYONE's cellphone number will be made PUBLIC by order of the FCC. I called my carrier and confirmed this. Plus we will be charge for the minutes all the telemarketers will use calling you. I am PO because I pay extra to have my number not to be listed anywhere. I reccomend that people call the National Call Block number at 1-888-382-1222 to have their number blocked for 5 years. Like I said I called and confirmed this with my carrier Sprint.




  2. #2
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I just received an e-mail this morning that stated that by the end of this month EVERYONE's cellphone number will be made PUBLIC by order of the FCC. I called my carrier and confirmed this. Plus we will be charge for the minutes all the telemarketers will use calling you. I am PO because I pay extra to have my number not to be listed anywhere. I reccomend that people call the National Call Block number at 1-888-382-1222 to have their number blocked for 5 years. Like I said I called and confirmed this with my carrier Sprint.
    For more info on this:
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-293502A1.pdf

  3. #3
    cooltech59's Avatar
    cooltech59 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sunny SW Florida
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Posts
    112
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I just received an e-mail this morning that stated that by the end of this month EVERYONE's cellphone number will be made PUBLIC by order of the FCC. I called my carrier and confirmed this. Plus we will be charge for the minutes all the telemarketers will use calling you. I am PO because I pay extra to have my number not to be listed anywhere. I reccomend that people call the National Call Block number at 1-888-382-1222 to have their number blocked for 5 years. Like I said I called and confirmed this with my carrier Sprint.
    For more info on this:
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-293502A1.pdf
    I appreciate seeing that info cruz but my question is this- If it was not true why did my carrier confirmed the e-mail I received? That is why I posted this. If I didn't have some sort of confirmation I would not have posted.

    Hey Everyone *Please Pass This On To *All Your *Friends
    *It takes about 20 seconds.
    REMEMBER: CELL PHONES NUMBERS GO PUBLIC THIS MONTH
    REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being
    released to telemarketing companies
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * and you WILL BE CHARGED
    FOR THESE CALLS
    Even if the message is saved on your phone, you will
    be charged for the minutes to listen to it.
    To prevent this, call the following number from your
    cell phone:
    888-382-1222 .
    It is the NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST. It will only
    take a minute of your time.
    It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must
    call from the cell number you want to have blocked.
    You cannot call from a different phone number.
    HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS......

  4. #4
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I appreciate seeing that info cruz but my question is this- If it was not true why did my carrier confirmed the e-mail I received? That is why I posted this. If I didn't have some sort of confirmation I would not have posted.

    Hey Everyone *Please Pass This On To *All Your *Friends
    *It takes about 20 seconds.
    REMEMBER: CELL PHONES NUMBERS GO PUBLIC THIS MONTH
    REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being
    released to telemarketing companies
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * and you WILL BE CHARGED
    FOR THESE CALLS
    Even if the message is saved on your phone, you will
    be charged for the minutes to listen to it.
    To prevent this, call the following number from your
    cell phone:
    888-382-1222 .
    It is the NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST. It will only
    take a minute of your time.
    It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must
    call from the cell number you want to have blocked.
    You cannot call from a different phone number.
    HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS......
    Just a general rule I follow, believe half of what you see and none of what you hear..all depends on who you were speaking with at the carrier..

  5. #5
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I appreciate seeing that info cruz but my question is this- If it was not true why did my carrier confirmed the e-mail I received? That is why I posted this. If I didn't have some sort of confirmation I would not have posted.

    Hey Everyone *Please Pass This On To *All Your *Friends
    *It takes about 20 seconds.
    REMEMBER: CELL PHONES NUMBERS GO PUBLIC THIS MONTH
    REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being
    released to telemarketing companies
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * and you WILL BE CHARGED
    FOR THESE CALLS
    Even if the message is saved on your phone, you will
    be charged for the minutes to listen to it.
    To prevent this, call the following number from your
    cell phone:
    888-382-1222 .
    It is the NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST. It will only
    take a minute of your time.
    It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must
    call from the cell number you want to have blocked.
    You cannot call from a different phone number.
    HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS......
    i really don't have an answer to your question of why you were told this by your carrier but... i work for a telecommunication company and deal with the FCC and other telecom companies' customer service on a daily basis and i can tell you there are many reps at many of these companies that don't know what they are talking about and will just tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone.

    i would suggest you contact your carrier and request to speak to a manager, the manager should be able to verify that this information is in fact false and speak to their department for future instances so customers are not misinformed again.

  6. #6
    cooltech59's Avatar
    cooltech59 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sunny SW Florida
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Posts
    112
    Wirelessly posted

    Thank you Laney. I was forward that e-mail from someone I know in the state department which doesn't mean it is a true fact. I tend to believe what you said because I called my carrier (2) more times and each rep knew nothing about it. So I apologize to everyone for any confusion my post might have caused. It never was my intent to pass on "BAD" information and it never will be. It was just the source it came from and then the rep at my carrier giving confirmation to it, I just thought I would post it just to inform members. Again EVERYONE has my deepest apology.

  7. #7
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Wirelessly posted

    No need to apologize, if anything you helped inform our members that this is bogus information and for that we thank you.

  8. #8
    cooltech59's Avatar
    cooltech59 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sunny SW Florida
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Posts
    112
    Wirelessly posted

    Thank you Laney. I love BBOS and if there is something I can help someone with I will always try my best. And if there is something like this I will always apologize for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •