5.0 LEAK STORM 2 OS?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: 5.0 LEAK STORM 2 OS?

  1. #1
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times

    5.0 LEAK STORM 2 OS?

    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Well from what I understand, RIM is pissed! Who thinks the reason they are so mad, is because this os was intended for storm 2? Now, it that's the case, don't you think somebody is going to have to work there ars off to come up with something better than this by winter? It maybe a possibility that this just may push back storm 2's release date that much longer. I'm guessin somebodies losin a job or two over this. The biggest thing I'm worried about now... How do you top this for a leak? Are we going to started gettin everything in between or nothin at all, because RIM puts the big locks on the doors for leaks? I don't know, what's to come of this, being that RIM is so mad, but I hope it means an even better storm 2! So what do all of you think?




  2. #2
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted (Mobile)

    I bet they are pist but then I figured storm 1 would get 5.0 os anyways! It would suck to see the storm 2 pushed back because of this.

  3. #3
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    what os was that storm 2 running from the video the other day


    it was 5.0.1.9 so i would assume it was a higher build
    Last edited by watkins; 07-23-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: found out the os

  4. #4
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah, definately bitter and pissed off about the situation. I agree with kristopher they did not want storm 1 to have 5.0. My guess this will push back the release date, but it will also push the RIM developers to come out with an even better product.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  5. #5
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by watkins
    what os was that storm 2 running from the video the other day


    it was 5.0.1.9 so i would assume it was a higher build
    The big 5.0!

  6. #6
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)



    The big 5.0!
    but a higher build though so my guess would be that this was going to be the storms 5.0 but the odin was going to be stronger

  7. #7
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Sorry guys but this was not the Storm 2 OS. That OS will be 5.1.XXX not 5.0.

    RIM is pissed because well, somebody with a NDA leaked this that wasn't supposed to. They really didn't want people seeing the tabbed browsers and some of the other goodies. That being said, this should have no effect on the release of Storm 2.

  8. #8
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry guys but this was not the Storm 2 OS. That OS will be 5.1.XXX not 5.0.

    RIM is pissed because well, somebody with a NDA leaked this that wasn't supposed to. They really didn't want people seeing the tabbed browsers and some of the other goodies. That being said, this should have no effect on the release of Storm 2.
    Sweet but this is probably the last of the leaks for a long while :bigeyes:
    Underground Themer :240:
    Try out my themes-->So Professional , Buuf-Berry , Zen Hybrid 5.0 , iBB SLIDEr

  9. #9
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMiles
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry guys but this was not the Storm 2 OS. That OS will be 5.1.XXX not 5.0.

    RIM is pissed because well, somebody with a NDA leaked this that wasn't supposed to. They really didn't want people seeing the tabbed browsers and some of the other goodies. That being said, this should have no effect on the release of Storm 2.
    Sweet but this is probably the last of the leaks for a long while :bigeyes:
    That's the one that really worries me! We don't want the stuff in between now!

  10. #10
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMiles View Post
    Sweet but this is probably the last of the leaks for a long while :bigeyes:
    Time will tell but definitely enjoy this one.

  11. #11
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)



    That's the one that really worries me! We don't want the stuff in between now!
    Actually not so true J. Higher builds have a few less bugs in them. However, the compatibility issue with 3rd party apps will remain until they catch up.

  12. #12
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    So you think s2 will have 5.1.xxxx but the video stated 5.0.1.9?? Even though i know it was an early build. You know what it really doesn't matter to me since the s2 will be in hand and i still won't be happy with it's OS. I will find myself doing the same thing as now....waiting for BBC to cook up something

  13. #13
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    So you think s2 will have 5.1.xxxx but the video stated 5.0.1.9?? Even though i know it was an early build. You know what it really doesn't matter to me since the s2 will be in hand and i still won't be happy with it's OS. I will find myself doing the same thing as now....waiting for BBC to cook up something
    That's always how it goes isn't it?

  14. #14
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    That's always how it goes isn't it?
    Actually the Tour is the one phone I couldn't care if a hybrid is released for. The OS is rock solid have almost no complaints with it. It's how a BB should be OS wise.

  15. #15
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    How do you guys know that RIM is pissed?

  16. #16
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Actually the Tour is the one phone I couldn't care if a hybrid is released for. The OS is rock solid have almost no complaints with it. It's how a BB should be OS wise.
    Guess I should go to a VZW store and try it huh...

  17. #17
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    How do you guys know that RIM is pissed?
    Can't really get into details on a public forum but lets just say that those responsible for leaking this OS were under NDA.

  18. #18
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Guess I should go to a VZW store and try it huh...
    I would give it a whirl. If you like your curve this is quite the step up IMO.

  19. #19
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry guys but this was not the Storm 2 OS. That OS will be 5.1.XXX not 5.0.

    RIM is pissed because well, somebody with a NDA leaked this that wasn't supposed to. They really didn't want people seeing the tabbed browsers and some of the other goodies. That being said, this should have no effect on the release of Storm 2.
    true and nothing has changed for storm 2 as off right now, still going with no changes other than OS.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMiles View Post
    Sweet but this is probably the last of the leaks for a long while :bigeyes:
    as Jlevy said time will tell

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Actually not so true J. Higher builds have a few less bugs in them. However, the compatibility issue with 3rd party apps will remain until they catch up.
    JDE 5.0 is out on beta now, so it depends on developers if they take the jump to the 5.0 train

    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    So you think s2 will have 5.1.xxxx but the video stated 5.0.1.9??
    Storm2 OS will be with 5.1

    just my 2 cents
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  20. #20
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I would give it a whirl. If you like your curve this is quite the step up IMO.
    Sadly, I would just be looking. I don't have enough income to afford a new BlackBerry. Hence why I am still using an 8320.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •