Verizon is Trying to take OVER

View Poll Results: Will Verizon woo RIM

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • yes

    3 75.00%
  • no

    1 25.00%
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Verizon is Trying to take OVER

  1. #1
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179

    Verizon is Trying to take OVER

    washingtonpost.com

    Do you think this will Happen....?


    Driphter.com Co-Owner


  2. #2
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Wow interesting article. Knowing Verizon, I can see this happening, but it could be a good thing. Not saying it is, but well guess we will see come July 28th.

  3. #3
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Hmmm...interesting. Time will tell

    Thanks, Seanren

  4. #4
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    I wouldn't put anything passed the prospect of making money. VZW has a lot of pull it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Nice article Stief. I don't think RIM would put all of their eggs in one basket but VZW does have the best network. I guess time will tell.

  6. #6
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Nice article Stief. I don't think RIM would put all of their eggs in one basket but VZW does have the best network. I guess time will tell.
    As much as I hate to say this, but if they get the iphone on their network as well, they will take over

  7. #7
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    As much as I hate to say this, but if they get the iphone on their network as well, they will take over
    yes, indeed they will take over and I keep hearing that they are getting the iphone.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    yes, indeed they will take over and I keep hearing that they are getting the iphone.
    Apple would be dumb not to bring their phone over to VZW when their contract expires with AT&T. An amazing multimedia device coupled with a fantastic carrier is a match made in heaven for consumers.

  9. #9
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Apple would be dumb not to bring their phone over to VZW when their contract expires with AT&T. An amazing multimedia device coupled with a fantastic carrier is a match made in heaven for consumers.
    ...and I think that will put all these other carriers out of business

  10. #10
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    ...and I think that will put all these other carriers out of business
    It certainly would be a bad day for AT&T.

  11. #11
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    AT&T would be trembling in there feet. They experience so many dropped calls and out of area signals, with verizon hopefully that will not be the case with such a large network.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  12. #12
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    As much as I hate to say this, but if they get the iphone on their network as well, they will take over
    Yeah...you're right!

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  13. #13
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    AT&T would be trembling in there feet. They experience so many dropped calls and out of area signals, with verizon hopefully that will not be the case with such a large network.
    Verizon has the best network and their customer service is really good ... I have vzw for about 4 years and I can't remember getting 3 dropped calls

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  14. #14
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    HaHa i thought so as well and even asked them :-)

    but they said the FCC won't allow them :-(

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •