Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 49 to 56 of 67

  1. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    It sure is

    Apple did an awesome job...nobody can deny it!!! I just really hope that RIM catches up and shocks us in a positive way too
    Me Too Olta!!:fing02:



  2. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    It sure is

    Apple did an awesome job...nobody can deny it!!! I just really hope that RIM catches up and shocks us in a positive way too
    You have to take into consideration that Apple has been into multimedia devices a lot longer than RIM, Apple has to catch up to RIM as much as RIM has to catch up to Apple. Both companies are specialists in their own fields.

  3. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    You have to take into consideration that Apple has been into multimedia devices a lot longer than RIM, Apple has to catch up to RIM as much as RIM has to catch up to Apple. Both companies are specialists in their own fields.
    I agree with you bb...but for RIM, it's not just the multimedia that's the issue...they can't get stability right, bugs out, and so on....multimedia is probably far on their list...they are missing the most basic features that even dumbphones have like proximity sensor and flick scrolling (call it whatever scrolling)...but dare and voyager and many others have those!!! "shakes head" at RIM...time to REALLY step it up!!!



  4. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by socalmiles View Post
    Intellectual conversations like this are a big reason i love this site. Can't find this on the other sites to much bashing. I appreciate the light you guys shed on this topic. I wouldn't know half the stuff i know if it weren't for you guys!!:biggthumpup:
    Well, thank you socalmiles!!! I do agree that we have an awesome team here and awesome members!!! :arms:

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I agree with you bb...but for RIM, it's not just the multimedia that's the issue...they can't get stability right, bugs out, and so on....multimedia is probably far on their list...they are missing the most basic features that even dumbphones have like proximity sensor and flick scrolling (call it whatever scrolling)...but dare and voyager and many others have those!!! "shakes head" at RIM...time to REALLY step it up!!!
    The dare has its own set of issues, infact they have had alot of bugs from what I understand with those. Yes I agree that RIM should not have adapted a non-touchscreen OS for a touchscreen but if they hadnt they would have fallen way behind. Yes this allowed them to get a bad rep for releasing a device that wasnt ready but I feel VZW shares some culpability in that matter. I feel that when and if we actually see a 5.1 release that we will be more than happy with it. The only question is when if ever...

    You also have to take into consideration how many people were still on .75 and got the big release to 148 and what a difference it made for them. They were probably so excited they didnt know what to do with themselves. The diff between the two was enormous. It is us luck few that actually have disected the storm and its performace issues that have us all questioning our investment.

    The IPhone as well has had a tremendous amount of issues, I speak from personal experience. Not to mention it seemed like for a while Apple was releasing an Official OS almost weekly to rectify those issues. Like I said earlier, it will be an interesting race to the finish...
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 06-23-2009 at 01:05 AM.



  6. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    The dare has its own set of issues, infact they have had alot of bugs from what I understand with those. Yes I agree that RIM should not have adapted a non-touchscreen OS for a touchscreen but if they hadnt they would have fallen way behind. Yes this allowed them to get a bad rep for releasing a device that wasnt ready but I feel VZW shares some culpability in that matter. I feel that when and if we actually see a 5.1 release that we will be more than happy with it. The only question is when if ever...
    That's a very good question...

    Yes, every phone has issues...true...I do wish RIM made some kind of announcement or something....I don't know what I want anymore....

    I want my storm to:
    -be fast, stable and reliable
    -have a fast browser with text wrap
    -have flick scrolling
    -actually work well making/answering phone calls hone:
    -have WAY more memory and better memory control :dunno:
    -have ability to save and run apps from sd card :bigeyes:
    -not have dust issues
    -have an OEM today theme

    -...there are more requests

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    The dare has its own set of issues, infact they have had alot of bugs from what I understand with those. Yes I agree that RIM should not have adapted a non-touchscreen OS for a touchscreen but if they hadnt they would have fallen way behind. Yes this allowed them to get a bad rep for releasing a device that wasnt ready but I feel VZW shares some culpability in that matter. I feel that when and if we actually see a 5.1 release that we will be more than happy with it. The only question is when if ever...

    You also have to take into consideration how many people were still on .75 and got the big release to 148 and what a difference it made for them. They were probably so excited they didnt know what to do with themselves. The diff between the two was enormous. It is us luck few that actually have disected the storm and its performace issues that have us all questioning our investment.

    The IPhone as well has had a tremendous amount of issues, I speak from personal experience. Not to mention it seemed like for a while Apple was releasing an Official OS almost weekly to rectify those issues. Like I said earlier, it will be an interesting race to the finish...
    With technology now days...I doubt the race will ever finish...unless the results become too obvious

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    That's a very good question...

    Yes, every phone has issues...true...I do wish RIM made some kind of announcement or something....I don't know what I want anymore....

    I want my storm to:
    -be fast, stable and reliable
    -have a fast browser with text wrap
    -have flick scrolling
    -actually work well making/answering phone calls hone:
    -have WAY more memory and better memory control :dunno:
    -have ability to save and run apps from sd card :bigeyes:
    -not have dust issues
    -have an OEM today theme

    -...there are more requests
    I agree with just about all of those, I could do without flickscrolling on everything. Maybe just emails, messages and contacts

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •