Pew Survey Sheds Insight into Smartphone Application Usage
One thing is for sure, cell phone usage has increased a whole lot in the last decade. I don't know about you, but I can't go anywhere and not see people using their cell phones.
Recently, Pew selected a group of users to survey about using applications on their phone and how they use them. The results indicate that apps are popular among some of the users, but it finds that most users don't use applications on their phones.
Here is a snippet of their findings:
- Adults are 82% of cell phone users
- 23% live in a household with no landline phone
- Out of the 82% of adults, 43% have software applications or “apps” on their phones.
- App users are younger, more educated, and more affluent than other cell phone users
- 35% of adults have cell phones with apps but only two-thirds actually use them