Lets discuss this new health care bill
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Lets discuss this new health care bill

  1. #1
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times

    Lets discuss this new health care bill

    This should keep people talking for a bit haha. What do you guys think of it? Good idea? bad idea? why?




  2. #2
    Crickee's Avatar
    Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Defiance, VA
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    Let me check!
    Posts
    275
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Brett, let's not discuss and say we did!!!! Ha ha!!!!
    Crickee

  3. #3
    rumessingwitme's Avatar
    rumessingwitme is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Good Ole US of A
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Some Sick Driphter Hybrid
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    0 times
    One of the WORST ideas known to man. This is the start of the down fall of the Best country in the World. People think this is great. Its not Europe has Universal Healthcare and they are trying to get out of it. No one wants to wait in a Hospital for 3 1/2 months to just get seen by a Dr. Also Cost, Obama says it wont come from tax payers. If not from Tax Payers like you and me then where is it going to come from? (out of thin air?) There is also a Possibility of Health Care Providers Increasing Coverage Rates for those how choose to have their own Coverage still.

    Thats it for now

  4. #4
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rumessingwitme View Post
    One of the WORST ideas known to man. This is the start of the down fall of the Best country in the World. People think this is great. Its not Europe has Universal Healthcare and they are trying to get out of it. No one wants to wait in a Hospital for 3 1/2 months to just get seen by a Dr. Also Cost, Obama says it wont come from tax payers. If not from Tax Payers like you and me then where is it going to come from? (out of thin air?) There is also a Possibility of Health Care Providers Increasing Coverage Rates for those how choose to have their own Coverage still.

    Thats it for now
    Posted via mobile device

  5. #5
    Bugly's Avatar
    Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hilltop, TACO-ma, Wash.
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Posts
    353
    Liked
    0 times
    I think its funny how the congress is up in arms over the fact that his bill will force Citizens to get health care from a third party (there is a debate over Constitutionality on this) when the insurance companies for years have been forcing us to do the very same thing for our car insurance. There is a double standard, and i hope the congress will deem it unConstitutional (sic) to be forced into third party contracts so we can crush the insurance companies once and for all. Those leeches have destroyed our way of living and should have to either back the hell off or pay the price.A world without insurance companies would be a world of personal responsibility and would return us to a way of life unrivaled in the world economy. Those leeches should be removed from power, as they never were elected into power in the first place
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

  6. #6
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't talk politics with the boss...nope !!










    I think it sucks !!!

  7. #7
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Politics are a bad idea in mixed company...
    Posted via mobile device

  8. #8
    MalPraktiz is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Bold
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugly View Post
    I think its funny how the congress is up in arms over the fact that his bill will force Citizens to get health care from a third party (there is a debate over Constitutionality on this) when the insurance companies for years have been forcing us to do the very same thing for our car insurance. There is a double standard, and i hope the congress will deem it unConstitutional (sic) to be forced into third party contracts so we can crush the insurance companies once and for all. Those leeches have destroyed our way of living and should have to either back the hell off or pay the price.A world without insurance companies would be a world of personal responsibility and would return us to a way of life unrivaled in the world economy. Those leeches should be removed from power, as they never were elected into power in the first place
    You can not make that comparison. Car insurance is only mandated if you drive and no one forces you to drive.

  9. #9
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rumessingwitme View Post
    One of the WORST ideas known to man. This is the start of the down fall of the Best country in the World. People think this is great. Its not Europe has Universal Healthcare and they are trying to get out of it. No one wants to wait in a Hospital for 3 1/2 months to just get seen by a Dr. Also Cost, Obama says it wont come from tax payers. If not from Tax Payers like you and me then where is it going to come from? (out of thin air?) There is also a Possibility of Health Care Providers Increasing Coverage Rates for those how choose to have their own Coverage still.

    Thats it for now
    Oh this is a touchy subject, did Brett think BBOS was getting a little tame?

    Ok, a view from Canada, where we do have the health care. I love being told I need to wait 6 months for an MRI...particularly when a high profile sports figure can get one the day after an injury...before returning to the States. Thank God for ECMC in Buffalo that did it the day after I called for an appointment

    I love the fact that we are told that we will see a specialist for a colonoscopy in a years time...and thats just for the consult!

    I love taking my son to the hospital for chest pains (1 month after open heart surgery) and waiting 7 hours for a real doctor to look at him!

    Stitches or broken bones? Pack a lunch and bring a blankie, going to be a long night!!

    Don't get me wrong, the hospital staff and doctors do a fantastic job with what they have been given to work with. Financially, they are so strapped they have become severely understaffed...at any hospital.

    The government NEEDS to get out of health care and let the professionals who know what they are talking about fix it.

    Was always told in the military, do not discuss politics and religion. But I think we need to, in order to be heard by the collective deafness in our parliments / congress
    Last edited by joshjamie; 03-24-2010 at 05:44 AM.

  10. #10
    rumessingwitme's Avatar
    rumessingwitme is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Good Ole US of A
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Some Sick Driphter Hybrid
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    Oh this is a touchy subject, did Brett think BBOS was getting a little tame?

    Ok, a view from Canada, where we do have the health care. I love being told I need to wait 6 months for an MRI...particularly when a high profile sports figure can get one the day after an injury...before returning to the States. Thank God for ECMC in Buffalo that did it the day after I called for an appointment

    I love the fact that we are told that we will see a specialist for a colonoscopy in a years time...and thats just for the consult!

    I love taking my son to the hospital for chest pains (1 month after open heart surgery) and waiting 7 hours for a real doctor to look at him!

    Stitches or broken bones? Pack a lunch and bring a blankie, going to be a long night!!

    Don't get me wrong, the hospital staff and doctors do a fantastic job with what they have been given to work with. Financially, they are so strapped they have become severely understaffed...at any hospital.

    The government NEEDS to get out of health care and let the professionals who know what they are talking about fix it.

    Was always told in the military, do not discuss politics and religion. But I think we need to, in order to be heard by the collective deafness in our parliments / congress

    Your RIGHT 100%. Its the Exact same in Europe. I was visiting with a friend and he cut himself and we waited 13 hrs in the hospital just to get like 3 stitches

  11. #11
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rumessingwitme View Post
    Your RIGHT 100%. Its the Exact same in Europe. I was visiting with a friend and he cut himself and we waited 13 hrs in the hospital just to get like 3 stitches

    Almost sounds like you went to Centennial Hospital in Scarborough!!

  12. #12
    fratts is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    PIN
    311c188d
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    43
    Liked
    0 times
    Th only reason why Canadians have to wait so long for treatments, tests, etc is because the majority of our Doctors used to go to the US where health care was private and were able to make tons more money. Now that heath care is more universal in the States, Doctors won't have the desire to go there, since their salaries will be more government regulated. I think the ppl complaining about Universal health care don't know a good thing when it hits you in the a**. Its a great thing that the poor unfortunate families that don't have coverage can get help.

  13. #13
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fratts View Post
    Th only reason why Canadians have to wait so long for treatments, tests, etc is because the majority of our Doctors used to go to the US where health care was private and were able to make tons more money. Now that heath care is more universal in the States, Doctors won't have the desire to go there, since their salaries will be more government regulated. I think the ppl complaining about Universal health care don't know a good thing when it hits you in the a**. Its a great thing that the poor unfortunate families that don't have coverage can get help.

    I disagree.

    1. To get an MRI, there is no doctor involved, just a technician.

    2. It should not take a year to the date to have just a consultation with a doctor for a colonoscopy. Maybe if the specialists worked more than 3 hours a day in a 3 day work week, there wouldn't be such a backlog. This is a fact, try calling they're office to see when an available appointment can be made. Done three times, once with myself, my brother in law and a friend. All 3 with the same results.

    This next one may hurt a few feelings, but I'm not shy.

    3. If you take a 14 yr old to emergency with chest pains, universal health care or not, who recently had open heart surgery, I don't give a rats ass whats happening. Get someone to the hospital immediately to see him.

    4. Walking into emergency for stitches should not be akin to watching 14 hours of the fireplace channel. Your put into the system and then told to sit and wait. Almost to the point where they have forgotten about you, and only remember you were there when you go to the desk at shift change.

    In a nutshell, we are paying for a service we are not getting. On top of that, in Ontario, we are also hit with the health tax every paycheck...for what? The opportunity to get to know your admitting nurse on a personal basis because you have that much time to waste?

    Any other company, business or corporation that pulled this would pretty much lose alot of business and quickly. But because this is a much needed service, we have no choice. The government knows it, they treat it like a cash cow and every year, they raise the taxes on health care.

    Lets do a little excercise here. Roughly calculate how many people are working in Ontario (or your own province/state). Find out what the health tax is in your area and multiply that by the number of eligible workers and then multiply by 52 weeks. The number I'm sure will be staggering. And if you believe every penny is going back to health care, I have some prime backwoods property for sale.

    Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by joshjamie; 03-24-2010 at 11:11 AM.

  14. #14
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fratts View Post
    Th only reason why Canadians have to wait so long for treatments, tests, etc is because the majority of our Doctors used to go to the US where health care was private and were able to make tons more money. Now that heath care is more universal in the States, Doctors won't have the desire to go there, since their salaries will be more government regulated. I think the ppl complaining about Universal health care don't know a good thing when it hits you in the a**. Its a great thing that the poor unfortunate families that don't have coverage can get help.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Completely Disagree. I have been in health care for over 18 years and we take care of plenty of "poor" families and they receive excellent care as if they had insurance. No body is walking around with broken bones unless they choose not to go to the ER.

    However, now technology will be greatly stifled and the Dr. you are going to see after a 5 hour wait will be the med school drop out that will work for pennies on the dollar...Awesome...NOT!

    The government has ran every program into bankruptcy. Why would this be any different? I pay 50% tax and I will receive no Social Security, no Medicare.

    Land of Entitlement...No thanks!

    Just my .02
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)
    OS: 9550--5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK w/all the fixes)
    OS: 9630--5.0.0.643

  15. #15
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    8 times
    No body is walking around with broken bones unless they choose not to go to the ER.

    However, now technology will be greatly stifled and the Dr. you are going to see after a 5 hour wait will be the med school drop out that will work for pennies on the dollar...Awesome...NOT!
    Well I had to bring my son to the er with fever over 100, he just turned 3 yrs, guess what, they took care of him just after the convulsion caused by excessive fever came in, ahhh and were a few of those med school drop out that took care of him, long story short, got at 10 PM, got out next day at 7 am with time to just drop the baby and his mom at home and make it to my job, funny ha?

    I won't expand on the topic other then just saying it will be the same thing with a different name.... Done
    Posted via mobile device

  16. #16
    rumessingwitme's Avatar
    rumessingwitme is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Good Ole US of A
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Some Sick Driphter Hybrid
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Completely Disagree. I have been in health care for over 18 years and we take care of plenty of "poor" families and they receive excellent care as if they had insurance. No body is walking around with broken bones unless they choose not to go to the ER.

    However, now technology will be greatly stifled and the Dr. you are going to see after a 5 hour wait will be the med school drop out that will work for pennies on the dollar...Awesome...NOT!

    The government has ran every program into bankruptcy. Why would this be any different? I pay 50% tax and I will receive no Social Security, no Medicare.

    Land of Entitlement...No thanks!

    Just my .02


    Just to let you know the highest you can pay for taxes is 36%. That is the Highest taxable income bracket possible. Most avg Americans wont reach exactly 36%. You prob do pay FICA, State and Federal Withholding.... But no one pays even 36%
    Last edited by rumessingwitme; 03-24-2010 at 11:17 PM.

  17. #17
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    Ah, what did I start :-p.


    I'll throw in my views. I have not had medical insurance since I was 20, I am not 26 and I also have Crohns which can be classified as a life threatening illness. I live for each day, I don't look towards the future. After looking into the keypoints of this health care, it supposedly says I can now get medical insurance through 3rd parties. Every friggen insurance company refused me because of my pre existing condition and I hated that. Now hopefully I can.

  18. #18
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rumessingwitme View Post
    Just to let you know the highest you can pay for taxes is 36%. That is the Highest taxable income bracket possible. Most avg Americans wont reach exactly 36%. You prob do pay FICA, State and Federal Withholding.... But no one pays even 36%
    Thanks for letting me know what I pay in tax. I pay well over 36% and I counted in state tax, federal and all the taxes no one thinks about daily.

    Look I don't want to come off wrong but I am a small business owner that pays my fair share of tax and this new health care will bankrupt the country and lower the level of talent at the Dr. Level.

    No offense anyone. This is why I don't discuss politics & religion. I love the BBOS family.

    When my daughter Kimber came down with the Swine flu there were many prayers for her and my wife and I appreciated all of them.
    Posted via mobile device

  19. #19
    SJSU159120's Avatar
    SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    .428
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    The simple fact is, this is a terrible bill. Even Democrats who voted for the bill said no one likes the Senate bill, yet now we have the Senate bill. No person who thinks logically can believe that we will somehow spend almost $1,000,000,000,000 and manage to save $130 billion in the process. Using that math we could spend our way out of debt. Furthermore, how in the world the Democrats get away with calling the health care situation a crises while passing a bill that does virtually nothing for about 4 -5 years is beyond me. If they really wanted to pass a good bill they could have done something like not allow people to be disqualified for pre-existing conditions (must buy coverage prior to hospital visit), allowed people to buy insurance across state lines, cap medical malpractice awards, and provide a tiered health insurance credit for people to buy health care. Now the details of this could be argued and there will always be something for people to not like, but there is a little something for everyone in this bill. This health care credits for low income people could be paid for by including health care benefits in people's incomes and thus subjecting it to income tax (only the amount of money paid by the employer would be added). Just my 2 cents but at least my plan wouldn't tax the crap out of you for 4 years and then punish you for failing to buy insurance.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •