Man Hurt As Homemade Rocket Sled Explodes
This is just too funny! I'd expect this sort of thing from someone in the south, but not here in metro Detroit area. I would have paid good money to have seen it though.
INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- An Oakland County man was injured when a sledding stunt went wrong.
Sheriff's deputies said the man held a sledding party at his home on Townview Drive in Independence Township last Saturday night.
Investigators said they were told by witnesses that the 62-year-old man had been drinking when he fashioned a device using a motorcycle muffler, a piece of pipe, gunpowder, match heads and gasoline.
Witnesses said the man strapped the device on his back, donned a makeshift helmet and got on a sled, asking someone to light a wick attached to the device.
Part of the way down the hill, the device exploded, resulting in second-degree burns to the victim's face. One of his eyes was damaged.
He is currently getting treatment at a local hospital.
Sheriff's deputies continue to investigate the incident pending possible criminal charges.
Man Hurt As Homemade Rocket Explodes - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit
What!!! You'd expect this kinda thing from someone in the South !! I assure you no right-minded southerner is strapping no homemade rocket to their back and climbing in a stupid sled!! 'course we do have an overabundance of those that aren't of their right mind...hmmmm. :biglaugh:
Posted via mobile device
Originally Posted by Bugly
You gotta love this site!!!!!!
Tags for this Thread