TPB Found Guilty
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: TPB Found Guilty

  1. #1
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times

    TPB Found Guilty

    well if anyone here is a torrent freak like i have become a big verdict came yesterday as the pirate bay has been found guilty of supporting the download of copyrighted material. all 4 members received 1 year in prison and $905,000(USD) in fines. they are going to appeal obviously. what a crock of crap and this could change a lot of stuff with ISP's and torrent sites all over the world! this verdict is flat out :bsflag:


    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!


  2. #2
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    It sure can...I'm surprised they got a year in jail. WOW
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  3. #3
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    i know i was shocked as well. the verdict was due to all the political BS the judge was dealing with i think. oh well hopefully the appeals go well or they will be in prison for a year. they did say they will never pay the entertainment industry the 900,000 they all owe.
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  4. #4
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    It sure can...I'm surprised they got a year in jail. WOW
    your surprised? im surprised they didnt get more. 96% of the stuff on that site is illegal. thats why you put your servers in countrys that have relaxed copyright laws :arms:

  5. #5
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    your surprised? im surprised they didnt get more. 96% of the stuff on that site is illegal. thats why you put your servers in countrys that have relaxed copyright laws :arms:
    I agree, they could have gotten a lot more time and a bigger fine

  6. #6
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    i could debate this for hours but i dont care too right now...i think they shouldnt have gotten that harsh of a punishment if any...but oh well to each his own.
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  7. #7
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    i could debate this for hours but i dont care too right now...i think they shouldnt have gotten that harsh of a punishment if any...but oh well to each his own.
    why u say that. there hosting illegal software/music/movies and so on on there site. im not going to try and say i dont use torrents. every single piece of software on this computer is ripped. only payed for the hardware. but if i go out and steal from an old lady, im going to get in trouble. same thing with pirate bay

  8. #8
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    THEY dont actually host anything though. they are merely trackers for the torrents.
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  9. #9
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    THEY dont actually host anything though. they are merely trackers for the torrents.
    you are correct but, because of their potential to be used in breach of copyright is what makes it "illegal"...think of it as i help you rob a bank, i dont actually rob the bank or drive or anything, im in a diff country. but i can still be arrested for helping you

  10. #10
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    you are correct but, because of their potential to be used in breach of copyright is what makes it "illegal"...think of it as i help you rob a bank, i dont actually rob the bank or drive or anything, im in a diff country. but i can still be arrested for helping you
    meh. i personally dont think they deserved it for that reason though. for them to really accomplish anything they need to go after the millions who download files. not just the websites. downloading will never stop and doing this to one sites operators wont affect things too much. mininova hit over 8,000,000,000 downloads earlier this month.
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  11. #11
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    meh. i personally dont think they deserved it for that reason though. for them to really accomplish anything they need to go after the millions who download files. not just the websites. downloading will never stop and doing this to one sites operators wont affect things too much. mininova hit over 8,000,000,000 downloads earlier this month.
    ya but those people doing the investigations, cant get those how ever many people. just to many people and to much money for them to spend to do so. so what there doing is going after one site. thinking that it will help and make people go o shit they got fined $900,000, i better stop so i dont get fucked. lol another example is the dea. they no they cant stop drug flow into usa, how ever they try to think that if they do this and that, that other people will be like fuck is this guy im woking with dea or is he legit.

  12. #12
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    i see your points...i just hate greedy recording companies and their also rich lobbyists...i see points for both sides but i love TPB and torrents!
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  13. #13
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    i see your points...i just hate greedy recording companies and their also rich lobbyists...i see points for both sides but i love TPB and torrents!
    ya same here. i just like to argue with people (even if i no i lost ill fight til they think i won lol) i should be a lobbyist lol....i dont really care for TPB but i do love torrents, thanks to torrents, i have saved close to if i had to guess anywhere form $5000-$10000 over my life

  14. #14
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    ya same here. i just like to argue with people (even if i no i lost ill fight til they think i won lol) i should be a lobbyist lol....i dont really care for TPB but i do love torrents, thanks to torrents, i have saved close to if i had to guess anywhere form $5000-$10000 over my life
    haha yeah i hear ya...saved quite a bit myself as well...oh well only time will tell what happens due to this decision...
    BBOS is the BEST site for BB Help!

  15. #15
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    I've saved a few bucks myself...lmao 1.5 Tb of "backup"(cough-cough) files.

  16. #16
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Heres the thing i dont use them i know of them and can direct people there but the reason it cost's so much to go buy software is because they price it 3 to 1 they figure for everyone copy sold at least 2 will obtain it for free and they are making their's

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •