Article: Is RIM Bleeding Developers? Definitely Not
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Article: Is RIM Bleeding Developers? Definitely Not

  1. #1
    AgentBlackBerry's Avatar
    AgentBlackBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow AgentBlackBerry On Twitter Add AgentBlackBerry on Facebook Add AgentBlackBerry on Google+
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    2ADD0724
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.2.0.1443
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,015
    Liked
    478 times

    Article: Is RIM Bleeding Developers? Definitely Not



    Click the Like link in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Resource Center ~ Rules and Guidelines ~ Download Center


  2. #2
    newshutr's Avatar
    newshutr is offline Senior Editor Follow newshutr On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    PIN
    3353B697
    Device
    BlackBerry Z30
    OS
    10.3.0.296
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    727
    Liked
    18 times
    That article was just another paid propaganda attempt at killing RIM's momentum.. Major #fail

  3. #3
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,834
    Liked
    1502 times
    As Saunders points out, people need to see for themselves, rather than listen to those who want to see the doom of RIM. They can do this by just searching for the #BB10Jam hashtag.

  4. #4
    DownForce's Avatar
    DownForce is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Bold 9700 & Curve 3G
    OS
    6.0
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    That article was just another paid propaganda attempt at killing RIM's momentum.. Major #fail
    Huh??? That was a joke right?

  5. #5
    newshutr's Avatar
    newshutr is offline Senior Editor Follow newshutr On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    PIN
    3353B697
    Device
    BlackBerry Z30
    OS
    10.3.0.296
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    727
    Liked
    18 times
    What? You don't think their BlackBerry Jam events have momentum..? Or do you usually stop by and do a hit and run troll job?

  6. #6
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,834
    Liked
    1502 times
    Alright gents, let's play nice. I think we can all agree that whatever the caliber of momentum, RIM at least has a strong plan moving forward.

  7. #7
    DownForce's Avatar
    DownForce is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Bold 9700 & Curve 3G
    OS
    6.0
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    What? You don't think their BlackBerry Jam events have momentum..? Or do you usually stop by and do a hit and run troll job?
    You can resort to calling me names all you want.....I got thick skin, I can take it. I was merely asking a sincere question because saying that RIM has momentum in anything after the mountain of bad news over the past month is laughable at best.
    ice2921 likes this.

  8. #8
    veeru789 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow veeru789 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad, India
    Device
    ZEDLORD & PB
    OS
    10.0.10.82 & 2.1
    Carrier
    Barathi Airtel
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DownForce View Post
    You can resort to calling me names all you want.....I got thick skin, I can take it. I was merely asking a sincere question because saying that RIM has momentum in anything after the mountain of bad news over the past month is laughable at best.
    Dev community is hugely excited for BB10 and this is cealrly evident from Jam events being sold out completely all over the world. Also for your kind information, if you did read the article properly (and not with "Bash RIM for everything" attitude) you will notice that WP7 is in third place. Where as the survey is meant to gauge the long term prospects of dev interest in all platforms. But we all know that WP7 is being discontinued and wp8 is the future for MSFT. Existing users cant upgrade to 8. This cealrly tells me that the survey was a joke, if not a paid one. secondly only 200 devs participated in the survey. Finally, for any average dev, BB platforms are more profitable as there is less competetion and .................u know it, "BB USERS HAVE CREDIT CARDS".

    Read this link as well to gain more perspective: ( When surveys go wrong ... | CrackBerry.com)

    sorry Mods if i was too aggressive, but sick of all these trolls poping up every where.
    Last edited by grimreaper; 07-14-2012 at 06:33 AM. Reason: update

  9. #9
    Curve9370's Avatar
    Curve9370 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.1.0.163
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    4 times
    I tweeted back to the lady at ZDNET that published about them losing developers. Frankly I let her have it. I said You must be paying ppl to say these things when taking the polls, like newshutr said "paid lies" so the general public believe it. Polls arent reliable. Or else they are Apple/Droid users specific lol. Also you will use/publish anything negative to help destroy RIM.

  10. #10
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    498 times
    I've read everyone's post here, and I also agree this survey that was conducted is not accurate one bit.

    An article such as this will bring up emotions, some will run up very high, some users will post different opinions, and some users won't agree to it, which is completely normal.

    Obviously, whomever put this together didn't do their homework, and I for one have a few words of my own.

    Let's keep the discussions clean, there's nothing wrong with hearing both sides to this issue, the last thing I want to do is edit out member's posts, and I don't want to do that.

    Thank you.

  11. #11
    midinc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.1.0.205
    Carrier
    O2
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    5 times
    lets be realistic here guys. the dev jam is a great success but worldwide thats a tiny number of the amount of actual developers there are out there.
    if users are moving and businesses are moving then its highly likely that devs are moving too.
    if #teamblackberry is to have credibility then we are going to have to accept issues like this really.
    devs success for blackberry 10 won't be based on how many there are, it will be based on how much money they make, and nobody can predict that.
    ice2921, DownForce and grimreaper like this.

  12. #12
    DownForce's Avatar
    DownForce is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Bold 9700 & Curve 3G
    OS
    6.0
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    86 times
    Hmmmmm.....not sure why you chose direct your post at me, but OK, I'll respond in turn.

    Quote Originally Posted by veeru789 View Post
    Dev community is hugely excited for BB10 and this is cealrly evident from Jam events being sold out completely all over the world.
    That's great news!! Unfortunately, not one of those developers will see a SINGLE penny off of ANY BB10 apps for AT LEAST 6 months.....maybe longer than that. And I would imagine that some of those developers rely on that income to feed their families and put a roof over their heads. Momentum??.....not really.

    Quote Originally Posted by veeru789 View Post
    Also for your kind information, if you did read the article properly (and not with "Bash RIM for everything" attitude)
    Ummmm....don't make assumptions about me. You don't know me. You have no clue what my attitude is.

    Quote Originally Posted by veeru789 View Post
    you will notice that WP7 is in third place. Where as the survey is meant to gauge the long term prospects of dev interest in all platforms. But we all know that WP7 is being discontinued and wp8 is the future for MSFT. Existing users cant upgrade to 8. This cealrly tells me that the survey was a joke, if not a paid one. secondly only 200 devs participated in the survey. Finally, for any average dev, BB platforms are more profitable as there is less competetion and .................u know it, "BB USERS HAVE CREDIT CARDS".

    Read this link as well to gain more perspective: ( When surveys go wrong ... | CrackBerry.com)
    I'm not really sure why you're citing all of these acronyms and telling me all of this. Never once did I say that the survey wasn't slanted or stupid for that matter. Frankly, I could care less what negative articles or surveys about RIM exist in the world, much like I could care less about the positive ones. I make my own choices based on my own opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by veeru789 View Post
    sorry Mods if i was too aggressive, but sick of all these trolls poping up every where.
    Wish I could have seen the original version before grimreaper edited it.....might have been pretty entertaining. But again, name calling? You do realize that your debate skills take a major hit when you sink to that level right? But whatever, call me any name you want, if because I disagree with your view makes me a troll, then so be it. I've been called a lot worse - mostly in the four letter variety.
    Last edited by DownForce; 07-14-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Grammatical error

  13. #13
    newshutr's Avatar
    newshutr is offline Senior Editor Follow newshutr On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    PIN
    3353B697
    Device
    BlackBerry Z30
    OS
    10.3.0.296
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    727
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DownForce View Post
    You can resort to calling me names all you want.....I got thick skin, I can take it. I was merely asking a sincere question because saying that RIM has momentum in anything after the mountain of bad news over the past month is laughable at best.
    And by the images coming from the BB Jam sessions...some are well over 200 people...that sample survey number...so, there's data that flies in the face of the article.

    And momentum, yes. The rebuttal statements written by RIM...gain momentum...stop the falsehoods from media outlets and tell how it really is. Or is it that the media knows all? They're there with all the numbers, seeing the development every day, right? The media does no wrong? Heck, they've never even jumped on PR plant stories pushed by competitors, right?

    But hey, I guess some people chose the glass half empty approach...

  14. #14
    DownForce's Avatar
    DownForce is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Bold 9700 & Curve 3G
    OS
    6.0
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    And by the images coming from the BB Jam sessions...some are well over 200 people...that sample survey number...so, there's data that flies in the face of the article.
    Like I said, great!! But show me in this thread where once I said that the survey that was conducted or article that was subsequently produced was legit. You're arguing with yourself here.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    And momentum, yes. The rebuttal statements written by RIM...gain momentum...stop the falsehoods from media outlets and tell how it really is.
    The rebuttal statements written by RIM GAIN momentum??? Really? You really think that is a way to GAIN momentum? If you could honestly take off your fanboy rose colored glasses and look at this objectively, you would realize how ridiculous that sounds. And if that article and survey are so preposterous why even dignify it with a response? By responding to it, all RIM has done is give it more traction and points out that it even exists. It wreaks of desperation.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Or is it that the media knows all? They're there with all the numbers, seeing the development every day, right? The media does no wrong? Heck, they've never even jumped on PR plant stories pushed by competitors, right?

    But hey, I guess some people chose the glass half empty approach...
    So let me get this straight. If the media produces a negatively slanted article towards RIM, it is all lies and the media is out to get RIM and the media is conspiring with RIM's competitors. Would you say the same thing if it was a positive article about RIM? Would those same articles filled with positive glowing endorsements be all lies? Would RIM then be conspiring with the media to make their company look good?

    Also, you have no proof that RIM is telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They could very well be dishing out a whole bunch of spin so that things don't look as bad as they are. I don't know that they are doing that, but you don't know that they aren't. Just like a typical divorce, there's three sides to this story - RIM's side, the media's side and the truth.

  15. #15
    midinc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.1.0.205
    Carrier
    O2
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    5 times
    The good thing about RIM is people are still interested and listening and "debating".

    That shows you the interest in bb10. If it was all silent and nobody was commenting then there would be a problem.

  16. #16
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,834
    Liked
    1502 times
    The delay is definitely not good. But it may turn out to be better for developers as it will give them a chance to really think about how they want to pursue BlackBerry.

  17. #17
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Liked
    754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    The delay is definitely not good. But it may turn out to be better for developers as it will give them a chance to really think about how they want to pursue BlackBerry.
    Id say the delay is about 50/50 for developers.

  18. #18
    newshutr's Avatar
    newshutr is offline Senior Editor Follow newshutr On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    PIN
    3353B697
    Device
    BlackBerry Z30
    OS
    10.3.0.296
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    727
    Liked
    18 times
    Yes...of course you can gain momentum. Stopping an onslaught of negative publicity is difficult but do-able. Especially the rebuttal article by Alec Saunders. That was momentum gaining material and I believe that it made strides and nullified the survey. And yes...there is a defined PR blitz against RIM. How do I know this? I've seen the PR e-mails and faxes promoting satellite interviews on RIM's troubles and how they try to spin the bad news. Even the editors at CB have received them..they've written articles about getting the media alerts.

    I'm more inclined to drink the kool aide of RIM than I am of the media. Why? Cause I work in the media. I know how the spin goes to create more of a story than what is there. Perfect example happened yesterday at my station. We teased a story about a girl from Gaza, who had been burned as a baby and was in the US to get surgery to help her disfigurement. We teased the story as a girl who "bears the scars of war"... She was burned not by anything having to do with war. But a candle fell in her crib. Sensationalism and misinformation to make the viewer turn in. Total disregard for fact and truth. That's the media.

    Have I said all media outlets and PR companies lie? No. Is everything that RIM says the gospel truth? Of course not. But it's people that eschew negativity as yourself, especially in a BlackBerry friendly forum...well, it's not difficult to get hackles raised of those, like myself, that do believe that RIM is being honest about their situation. They have everything to lose..and lying now does nothing to help the company and discredits a fairly young CEO and his future.

    You and I will just have to agree to disagree on all of this.

    But I wonder why if you feel so poorly about RIM, the way it's headed and being handled, are you using a BlackBerry? You use an iPhone or Android instead? And if you aren't all that sold on RIM, why still continue to be a member of a BlackBerry forum community? Not trying to get you to leave and not that I'd want you too. It just seems...odd.

  19. #19
    newshutr's Avatar
    newshutr is offline Senior Editor Follow newshutr On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    PIN
    3353B697
    Device
    BlackBerry Z30
    OS
    10.3.0.296
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    727
    Liked
    18 times
    Oh...forgot to address the fanboi comment..

    Hello...January FOTM here... We also have the June FOTM as a senior editor here..

    Lions, tigers and fanbois....OH MY!!!
    Last edited by newshutr; 07-15-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    grimreaper likes this.

  20. #20
    DownForce's Avatar
    DownForce is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Bold 9700 & Curve 3G
    OS
    6.0
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Yes...of course you can gain momentum. Stopping an onslaught of negative publicity is difficult but do-able. Especially the rebuttal article by Alec Saunders. That was momentum gaining material and I believe that it made strides and nullified the survey.
    I disagree. Like I said above, if the survey and article are so ridiculous, just ignore the stupid thing. But now Alec Saunders has released a public statement about it, other media outlets notice the public statement, so then they start looking in to it and write a piece on it. Then some other media member notice that bit, start digging a little more.....so on and so forth. What was once a ridiculous survey has now gained steam and has been seen by more eyes than if RIM would have just said nothing at all. If the situation arises where RIM is questioned about the survey, a response of "we don't comment on something that is this ludicrous". Then the story HAS to go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    And yes...there is a defined PR blitz against RIM. How do I know this? I've seen the PR e-mails and faxes promoting satellite interviews on RIM's troubles and how they try to spin the bad news. Even the editors at CB have received them..they've written articles about getting the media alerts.
    I mean no offense here, I'm not calling you a liar. But, I'm not gonna believe this claim until I see some proof. Not from you, CB or anyone. Maybe they do exist, and I will gladly admit that I'm wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    I'm more inclined to drink the kool aide of RIM than I am of the media. Why? Cause I work in the media. *I know how the spin goes to create more of a story than what is there. Perfect example happened yesterday at my station. We teased a story about a girl from Gaza, who had been burned as a baby and was in the US to get surgery to help her disfigurement. We teased the story as a girl who "bears the scars of war"... She was burned not by anything having to do with war. But a candle fell in her crib. Sensationalism and misinformation to make the viewer turn in. Total disregard for fact and truth. That's the media.
    I never said the media wasn't full of crap. Everyone has seen at least once in their life where the media has spun a story or headline to fit their agenda or to catch people's eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Have I said all media outlets and PR companies lie? No. Is everything that RIM says the gospel truth? Of course not.
    I didn't accuse you of saying that all media outlets and PR companies lie. However, you did infer with this statement:

    Or is it that the media knows all? They're there with all the numbers, seeing the development every day, right? The media does no wrong?
    that media is mostly wrong when it comes to negative RIM news. Which is why I want to know. If there was a positive piece about RIM that contained information that wasn't factually correct, would you investigate and debunk it as vigorously as you do when it's negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    But it's people that eschew negativity as yourself, especially in a BlackBerry friendly forum...well, it's not difficult to get hackles raised of those, like myself, that do believe that RIM is being honest about their situation.
    How am I "eschewing negativity"? Because I challenged your statement of "RIM gaining momentum"? Is this not a discussion forum? Is there a rule somewhere that says in order to be a member here I have to share the exact same opinion of everyone else? And I don't believe that RIM is being dishonest about everything. I do believe, however, they are certainly picking and choosing very carefully what to be honest about.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    They have everything to lose..and lying now does nothing to help the company and discredits a fairly young CEO and his future.
    I couldn't agree more. They DO have everything to lose, especially the CEO. No one wants to be holding the steering wheel of a ship at the bottom of the ocean. And sometimes, personal agendas will supersede what is best for the company. Now before anyone jumps all over me for accusing Thorsten or anyone else in RIM of this, that is not what I am saying. But it is ALWAYS a possibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    You and I will just have to agree to disagree on all of this.
    Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    But I wonder why if you feel so poorly about RIM, the way it's headed and being handled, are you using a BlackBerry? You use an iPhone or Android instead?
    Yup, both my wife and I have a BlackBerry. We both like them very much. We dig BBM, we both prefer a physical keyboard over a touch screen. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    And if you aren't all that sold on RIM, why still continue to be a member of a BlackBerry forum community? Not trying to get you to leave and not that I'd want you too. It just seems...odd.
    Again, I can't be a member and have an opposing view? I'm my own person and I'm not afraid to disagree with something. If that makes me "odd" as you say, then so be it. Despite what you or the other d00d that called me a troll thinks, my comments were not meant as an attempt wind anyone up. And if the staff would rather I not be here because I disagree with something someone said, no problem, feel free to remove me and we will go separate ways.
    Last edited by DownForce; 07-15-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bleeding Hearts
    By diffused in forum 320 x 240
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 08:52 AM
  2. BlackBerry App Developers Make More Money Than iOS and Android Developers
    By AgentBlackBerry in forum BlackBerry News and Rumors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 08:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •