Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 105 to 112 of 243

  1. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107
    Wirelessly posted

    I am glad your on this 77 kick. I like it. I think after I click send and before I transfer this show to the BlackBerry I'm gonna did out my Shakedown Street album. I probably haven't listened to that since 1977. (laughing) On an aside I always wondered why they never played France live?



  2. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrygonguitar View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I am glad your on this 77 kick. I like it. I think after I click send and before I transfer this show to the BlackBerry I'm gonna did out my Shakedown Street album. I probably haven't listened to that since 1977. (laughing) On an aside I always wondered why they never played France live?
    Au contraire. Check Post #93 above (link is here: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/n...tml#post144148).

  3. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107
    Wirelessly posted

    Lou I was speaking of their song "France" off the Shakedown Street album, not the country. Got me excited there for a moment. I think it would sound neat with the steel drums in that song live



  4. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrygonguitar View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Lou I was speaking of their song "France" off the Shakedown Street album, not the country. Got me excited there for a moment. I think it would sound neat with the steel drums in that song live
    Here is a live studio version of France (track 2--labeled as Serengeti) 8-1-78: Internet Archive: Free Download: Grateful Dead Live at Studio (Shakedown Street Rehearsal) on 1978-08-01

    Here is another live studio version (track 2) 8-18-78: Internet Archive: Free Download: Grateful Dead Live at Studio on 1978-08-18

    Otherwise, my understanding is that they never played this in concert.

  5. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107
    Wirelessly posted

    Incredible how you find this stuff Lou. Your like an encyclopedia. First that JGB show I was looking for, now this. Maybe you should start thinking of changing your screen name to Mel Fisher or something, you do have a knack for finding things.



  6. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrygonguitar View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Incredible how you find this stuff Lou. Your like an encyclopedia. First that JGB show I was looking for, now this. Maybe you should start thinking of changing your screen name to Mel Fisher or something, you do have a knack for finding things.
    Happy to help, my bruthah. Have a Grate weekend. Lotsa beams your way!

  7. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrygonguitar View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Incredible how you find this stuff Lou. Your like an encyclopedia. First that JGB show I was looking for, now this. Maybe you should start thinking of changing your screen name to Mel Fisher or something, you do have a knack for finding things.
    I will have both these live studio sets up this weekend.

  8. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639

    Shakedown Street Live Studio Rehersal 8-1-78

    "Grateful Dead
    08/XX/78
    Unknown Studio Outtakes (Shakedown Street Outtakes)

    Source: SBD>MR>??>DAT>CDR>

    Conversion: EAC(secure)>CD WAV>SHN(seekable)

    Disk 1 {43:58.03}

    01. Good Lovin' Take # 1 {5:23.43}
    02. Serengetti {4:13.72}
    03. Fire On The Mountain {4:51.37}
    04. Stagger Lee Take # 1 {0:08.17}
    05. Stagger Lee Take # 2 {3:48.44}
    06. If I Had The World To Give {5:35.09}
    07. Shakedown Street {4:53.13}
    08. I Need A Miracle {4:10.39}
    09. Good Lovin' Take # 2 {5:12.73}
    10. Saint Of Circumstance {5:40.31}

    Comments: These studio outtakes are from the Shakedown Street album.
    Smoking stuff here! I left in the silent spaces as the original has.
    NO edit work preformed in the conversion!

    Conversion/Seeded to Etree by T. Wiley 8/19/2002.

    EAC: Secure to extract disk at 100% quality no reported errors.
    CD WAV: To select tracks.
    SHN: Via mkwact(seekable)

    Another Installment Of The Music Never Stopped Project!

    Thanks to Paul B. for the source disks.

    ENJOY!!"

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited by louwiid; 11-08-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •