Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 29

  1. #9
    jivester is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow jivester On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    3
    I've been using the DM for Mac all day, works great so far. Don't see anyway to install an OS with it though.



  2. #10
    sharky2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    PIN
    2156199C
    Device
    9700
    OS
    .421
    Posts
    136
    yea I'd like to know how to install an os with a mac... seeing as my computer with vista 64 will not let me do anything with any os on any phone.

  3. #11
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    To load an OS RIM will have to release it as a .dmg file which is the Windows equivalent for exe. SO what we will probably see as OS's are made official there will be two versions, a dmg and an exe.



  4. #12
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    To load an OS RIM will have to release it as a .dmg file which is the Windows equivalent for exe. SO what we will probably see as OS's are made official there will be two versions, a dmg and an exe.
    Do you think that if a leaked OS was released as a .dmg then would we be able to load it on our phone even though it's not an official release?

  5. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    Do you think that if a leaked OS was released as a .dmg then would we be able to load it on our phone even though it's not an official release?
    Definitely. The question though is whether leaked OS's will be released as a .dmg file.



  6. #14
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    I sure do hope that we get some leaked OS as .dmg

    I just installed DM and I like what I see. I just backed-up my device and sync my music with my iTunes playlist. Looking good so far.

  7. #15
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    I sure do hope that we get some leaked OS as .dmg

    I just installed DM and I like what I see. I just backed-up my device and sync my music with my iTunes playlist. Looking good so far.
    I do agree.

  8. #16
    ordy's Avatar
    ordy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    30713D1E
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Some .328 hybrid
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    To load an OS RIM will have to release it as a .dmg file which is the Windows equivalent for exe. SO what we will probably see as OS's are made official there will be two versions, a dmg and an exe.

    Couldn't someone just make a diskmount file when they package it? Like how people make installers for hybrids, just make it a .dmg file? there are programs out there to be able to make diskmounts. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •