BBCrackman Hybrids - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 260

Thread: BBCrackman Hybrids

  1. #101
    kruzzenkidd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ellwood City P.A
    PIN
    3077aeac
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Where can I get the 4.7.0.75 that my phone came with just to have it on hand ALSO I noticed a drop in memory using the 4.7.0.132/V5.1 was up to 47 now down to 33mb and only have 3 aps installed




  2. #102
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kruzzenkidd View Post
    Where can I get the 4.7.0.75 that my phone came with just to have it on hand ALSO I noticed a drop in memory using the 4.7.0.132/V5.1 was up to 47 now down to 33mb and only have 3 aps installed
    On the RIM website (Click link below):

    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-21-2009 at 12:06 PM.

  3. #103
    kruzzenkidd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ellwood City P.A
    PIN
    3077aeac
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks

  4. #104
    MASERATIGUY is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee/Chicago/Mosul
    PIN
    30657F77
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .148
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times
    So far been running v.414 for about 14 hours now. There is still a lag when switching to apps, no 3rd party apps installed.Phone has still been freezing but only 7 batt pulls so far. The freezing seemed to start after I changed the red verizon background with a picture from my memory card. I switched the background to a preloaded pic that was already on the phone and am still having the problem. Not sure if it has to do with the new background and having to load it. I think I'm going to do another wipe and install .148 and shrink it and remove more of the items I do not use.

  5. #105
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MASERATIGUY View Post
    So far been running v.414 for about 14 hours now. There is still a lag when switching to apps, no 3rd party apps installed.Phone has still been freezing but only 7 batt pulls so far. The freezing seemed to start after I changed the red verizon background with a picture from my memory card. I switched the background to a preloaded pic that was already on the phone and am still having the problem. Not sure if it has to do with the new background and having to load it. I think I'm going to do another wipe and install .148 and shrink it and remove more of the items I do not use.
    Wow I am constantly shocked by how all our Storm's react differently to all these OS's. I did a wipe and installed .148 (w/shrink of course) and have been impressed. This is by far the best straight OS I have used to date.

    Yes do the wipe and reinstall .148 with shrink and see how that does I would be interested to know. I assume you have all other OS's deleted off your PC? Heck it might even be worth while to delete .148 on the PC reboot your PC, then install a fresh copy of .148 and reboot after install.

  6. #106
    MASERATIGUY is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee/Chicago/Mosul
    PIN
    30657F77
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .148
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times
    Can't load .148 until tomarrow file was corrupted and wouldn't download; so have to download another file and don't want to keep using the compnay server for that lol. I did wipe it again and used OS Shrink to shrink the OS, and start over this time I'm only going to change my settings back the way I normaly do and only load my adress book and see if it still freezes. It appeared to me that OS shrink and the Loader were pretty much the same thing with the exceoption of the fixes part.

  7. #107
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MASERATIGUY View Post
    Can't load .148 until tomarrow file was corrupted and wouldn't download; so have to download another file and don't want to keep using the compnay server for that lol. I did wipe it again and used OS Shrink to shrink the OS, and start over this time I'm only going to change my settings back the way I normaly do and only load my adress book and see if it still freezes. It appeared to me that OS shrink and the Loader were pretty much the same thing with the exceoption of the fixes part.
    Shrink-a-OS is an app that removes the un-needed java files into a folder "Removed files" and makes your OS smaller. Loader is what loads the OS to the phone, so they are different, but you can get the loader initiated from Shrink-a-OS.

  8. #108
    kruzzenkidd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ellwood City P.A
    PIN
    3077aeac
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times

    My BBS verses my Samsung Omnia

    Well its a HARD choice right now I am falling in love with my BBS over my omnia the omnia it permently set to win6.1 pro. cant change anything,remove anything you dont use,The BBS I can add,remove,test new os's and rather do much more.
    I am still at a loss as to what phone I'd rather carry full time,right now i carry both.............I know lame and useless but what can i say I have the best of both worlds here I have 6(one for each of my kids,broad band card,Have 2 daughters so 1 phone is always avaliable) lines so why now use 2 of them for myself.


    Thanks
    Kruzz

  9. #109
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kruzzenkidd View Post
    Well its a HARD choice right now I am falling in love with my BBS over my omnia the omnia it permently set to win6.1 pro. cant change anything,remove anything you dont use,The BBS I can add,remove,test new os's and rather do much more.
    I am still at a loss as to what phone I'd rather carry full time,right now i carry both.............I know lame and useless but what can i say I have the best of both worlds here I have 6(one for each of my kids,broad band card,Have 2 daughters so 1 phone is always avaliable) lines so why now use 2 of them for myself.


    Thanks
    Kruzz
    Just hang in there and get storm 2!!!

  10. #110
    Vic
    Vic is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ for 2 more weeks!!!
    PIN
    blah blah blah...
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Official .148/Lyric's 5.0 BETA
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Wow I am constantly shocked by how all our Storm's react differently to all these OS's. I did a wipe and installed .148 (w/shrink of course) and have been impressed. This is by far the best straight OS I have used to date.
    I would have to agree with you!! I love this OS!! No lag when typing, transition is great, radio is very good! Don't know if I am going to do a Hybrid for awhile unless something major is changed!!

  11. #111
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    I would have to agree with you!! I love this OS!! No lag when typing, transition is great, radio is very good! Don't know if I am going to do a Hybrid for awhile unless something major is changed!!
    +1 on this!!! I am loving it too!

  12. #112
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Wow I am constantly shocked by how all our Storm's react differently to all these OS's. I did a wipe and installed .148 (w/shrink of course) and have been impressed. This is by far the best straight OS I have used to date.

    Yes do the wipe and reinstall .148 with shrink and see how that does I would be interested to know. I assume you have all other OS's deleted off your PC? Heck it might even be worth while to delete .148 on the PC reboot your PC, then install a fresh copy of .148 and reboot after install.
    Hey Professor how are ya? Hey I'm gettin ready to go with .148, how are you liking it, how long have you been running it and personally is it well worth the switch in your opinion? Thanks! You already know I trust your opinion...:nana:
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

  13. #113
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Hey Professor how are ya? Hey I'm gettin ready to go with .148, how are you liking it, how long have you been running it and personally is it well worth the switch in your opinion? Thanks! You already know I trust your opinion...:nana:
    hey mike, "the professor" took the night off so you might have to wait til tomorrow to get HIS opinion on it

  14. #114
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    hey mike, "the professor" took the night off so you might have to wait til tomorrow to get HIS opinion on it
    Laney! How YOU doin'!? Is it too late to ask for your opinion? Cuz I can safely say I would trust yours as well. Just didn't know you were available is all.
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

  15. #115
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Laney! How YOU doin'!? Is it too late to ask for your opinion? Cuz I can safely say I would trust yours as well. Just didn't know you were available is all.
    its ok... BM is my guinea pig too, i wait for his feedback before i upgrade

    i havent taken the plunge yet... ive been lazy

    but i spoke to him earlier and i think its a thumbs up on .148

  16. #116
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    hey mike, "the professor" took the night off so you might have to wait til tomorrow to get HIS opinion on it
    I will be docking his pay then.

  17. #117
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    I will be docking his pay then.
    send it my way

  18. #118
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    I've ran it for 24hrs, installed without wiping, never have, no new problems that haven't already been documented. Jlevy said earlier the bluetooth issue has not been addressed. I dont use a bluetooth, no issue for me.

    The typing lag seems to be resolved.
    Browser is the quickest I've used to date.

    Bluetooth will kill the Official release.

    Great files for a hybrid.

  19. #119
    Mikenbekah's Avatar
    Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay thanks Laney and thanks everyone else too! Don't dock too much of his pay now, we need him when everyone else is out partying! haha I'm off to fix my quicklaunch since I just dl .148 with a shrink. Aren't I supposed to be able to fix that from Shrink a OS page? I got an error.
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

  20. #120
    lyricidal is offline Hybrid Specialist Follow lyricidal On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    Liked
    7 times
    Mikenbekah - redownload Shrink-A-OS and try again - I just added a few fixes to it and reuploaded
    It downloaded all the files properly now and backs the other ones up
    BlackBerry Hybrids - Check here for the latest hybrids
    Telus 9550 Storm2 running 5.0.0.1015/1049 Hybrid v2 + BBHybrids Tool: Shrink-A-OS
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •