I will include instructions for shrink as well if you would like :) are you on XP or Vista PC?
**back up your phone through Desktop Manger's back up option. If you have any 3rd party apps back those up manually as well. If you don't know how to do that click this link and follow the instructions http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...arty-apps.html
1. Delete any OS's for your phone from your PC (control panel add/remove)
2. Download OS .132 from here http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...-software.html
3. Install .132 to your pc
4. Download BBCrackman's V5.1 for .132 from here http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...w-gps-fix.html
5. Follow the instructions for installing V5.1 (this thread is for V5.0 but it installs the same as 5.1) from here http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...n-v5-here.html
6. Download Shrink A OS from here BlackBerry Apps/Hybrids by lyricidal
7. Extract the .exe to your desktop (if you are on vista right click on it and select run as admin)
8. click the browse button in Shrink and browser to your OS folder
C>program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader> Highlight your OS folder
9. Select the items you wish to delete from the OS, once you get the "your os has been shrunk messsage" plug in your phone to the PC (make sure desktop manager is not running) and click the launch loader button
10. sit back and wait for the install to complete :) it will take some time.
If you run into any problems just post and someone can help :)
I have a unlocked Storm and use AT&T as my provider, will I be able to update my OS? If I can will I have to re-unlock my phone and install the required service books aor will it just update? I would really like to update my device since I have constant freezing issues; have to do a battery pull about every 1/2 hour.
First I would like to say thank you, it seems alot more friendly here than at Crackberry. I've had Blackberrys for a while and keep buying them as they come out; so figured I might as well play around with them and get a better feel how they work.
I know you told me that it will work but I am just curious if you have had sucess with other un-locked storms. I don't mean to try and discredit your knowledge since you know alot more than me.